Sunday, September 14, 2008

May make me many things. Wise? Probably not

Well after spending all of yesterday feeling shattered and resisting the urge to take a snooze I turned in nice and early in preperation for the early start feeling that I would at least go to sleep quickly based on how knacked I was feeling.

Did I heck!

As you may have guessed I went to bed and suddenly felt wide awake. Grhhh!! I ended up tossing and turning all night and kept waking up on what seemed like a regular basis, so I was actually awake before my alarm went off! I made sure I crept round the house to avoid distrubing Grumpy and Owen. Although Owen did wake up at one point. He just cracked one eye open looked at me then went straight back to sleep all the time with an expression that seemed to say " If you want to get up this early thats your business but don't expect me too"

I then left the house to discover that there was thick fog! So not only was I up at 5am on a Sunday morning, I was going to have to dirve to catch the bus to the event in thick fog! However he didn't bother me in the slightist in fact I found it rather funny. It was a good indication that it was going to be one of those days and I was just going to have to take everything as it came and try and look on the bright side about it.

Besides I was getting a chair and wouldn't have to stand for eight hours.

Great!

Well the event was the usual, however getting the coach home proved to be a real pain as it was delayed an hour but one staff member going MIA. People were getting very frustrated towards the end and one staff member even called for a show of hands to vote for whether we should just go without locating the MIA staff member!

We get two 'beer' tokens after each of these events to use in the Bar at work to get a drink. Of course before anyone panics I never actually use them to get 'beer' I just get standard soft drinks. I got one once we returned to work then gave my other to a 'neutral' staff member from our department who hadn't asked me if I had any spare tokens as I figured this was the fairist way to give one away without upsetting anyone. I didn't hang around for too long as I don't feel too comfortable around lots of people drinking and it feels even odder on a Sunday.

On the plus side I timed it right to get home and walk in the door just as Grumpy got dinner ready, which was nice. I think I'm probably going to have another early night, not as early as last night mind you but still early.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a bit more sleep tonight otherwise theres no way I'm surving work tomorrow.

anyway,

later folks!

No comments: