Sunday, September 28, 2008

Every member an IT expert?

As regular readers will know I've got a calling to be in charge of the Ward bulletin. Which basically is a sacrement program and various ward announcements printed in on a nice official looking 'program'. Now I used to print them off but that started to get very very exspensive so I started to use the photocopier at the chapel instead.

Unfortunatly this morning the photocopier managed to print off 3 bulletins before it jammed good and proper. So whilst trying to unjam it I had to listen or 'put up with' delete as appropriate to IT advice from any passing member. Which was interesting in the sense that although they kept saying things like " well that works with my computer" they kept missing the obivous fact it wasn't a computer. I also kept getting the advice to " Turn it off and on again" which I might not know much the ins and outs of IT but I do know to always try that first. But thinking about it have you ever noticed when they have computer trouble they never try doing that in Star trek do they?..... Sorry just digressing there for a moment.

I was finally able to locate where the jam was but it was at the far back of the copier which I couldn't get to. So as I couldn't clear the jam, no bulletins for Loughborough ward today. Oopsss!

After Sacrement I decided to ask Photoshop because as he belongs to the same family as Mechanicus, Gadget and technik shares their knack of getting uncoperative electronic devices to work. I felt somewhat better when he had a problem too. It eventually fell to his lad J to clear the Jam as he was the only one able to fit his hand in there. However they still didn't help as the copier continued to insist that there was a jam somewhere. We decided that at the risk of causing further damage we would leave it alone. The Bishop was going to have a look at it and hopefulyl fix it for next time.

Church was also a bit odd because as it's general conference next weekend we had fast Sunday this weekend instead. Which just felt very odd as that meant two fast Sundays in the same month. Oh well stranger things have happened and frequently do around here :-)

Well Monday tomorrow. Time for another week of work and all the various challenges that will bring and this week I have lots to do just as I did last week. It's going to be another busy one folks!

Well at least I will have money next weekend. Maybe I should treat myself to something shiny. Hmm that new greys anatomy box set looks mighty tempting.

No, no. must resist............................


Later folks.

2 comments:

Sian said...

You should have tried 'ctrl, alt, delete'. That always works with my computer...

Saxon said...

I'll try that next time.

Although if it sticks again I might just stick with deleting it......


with a large hammer:-)!