Saturday, September 27, 2008

Gee I can avoid boring people, what are the odds

Well last nights YSA trip out was a lot of fun. Well the first part at least as the eight YSA who eventually turned up and I say eventually as per usual most of them were operating on MMT, went for 'desert' at one of the resturants near the cinema. And yes saying 'desert' is or rather was a attempt by the YSA to basically make going out for Ice cream sound a lot more grown up.

While we were eating I was actually able to have a conversation and not refer to anything overly geeky for at least an hour. Which might sound like something odd to be proud off but I felt it helped my self confidence a bit to actually be able to have a conversation and not bore people with geeky things :-)

Anyway the film was okay. It wasn't as good as I hoped it would be and the swearing was a bit OTT. I probably wouldn't have gone to see it though if the rest of the YSA hadn't gone to see it.

Shopping was pretty much the same old, same old today. Into Loughborough, get a paper and then get the shopping. I avoided going into any of the 'other shops' as much as possible as I didn't wnat to see anything that might tempt me into spending money I don't have. I really loathe five weekend months! Still I get paid this week and I'm getting that tax refund to which will almost cover the cost of getting my new passport.

I recieved my first almuni magazine from my university today after I signed up to their new alumni site. It was interesting, especially to see all the building work they've done since I left. It also felt a bit weird as it only seems the other day that I left not a whole six years ago now!

Where has the time gone?

I'm up to a mighty 101 friends on facebook and yes I am feeling pretty smug about that. I know facebook can be a bit of a time waster sometimes but it does have it's uses. I was able to track down an old pen pal I haven't spoken to in five years

I spent a lot of the afternoon working on top secret project one which I'm glad to say is still going to plan. I will be able to reveal everything soon.

anyway,

later folks!

No comments: