Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And the day had been going so well too

I was less then impressed to hear a news item on the radio today that Nottingham city council is planning to implement new scheme to raise funds to expand their tram system. To do this they will start to charge companies £180 for each car park space they have over 10 spaces. This could rise to £360 within of this scheme coming into operation. Now in all likely hood this cost will be passed over to the workers, i.e people like me.

Oh to put it another way after paying for car tax, MOTS, insurance and extremely price petrol the government now wants to charge me to park my car at work. So I will be having to pay if it goes up to £360, a £1 a day just for the privilage of going to work.

I really hate this government sometimes.

Asides from this rather annoying piece of news the day had been going very well. There had been another load of work to do but I managed to get it under control fairly quickly and have most of it cleared by the end of the day in preperation for tomorrow which is going to be really, really busy.

I also got some free stuff today as well which is going to prove useful. At least that's what I'm telling Grumpy and not that theres every chance it might just join the stockpile in the garage.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: