Thursday, September 18, 2008

Honest Bribery

I realised it was quite likely to be another one of those days when I managed to sleep through my alarm but still managed to hit it whilst still asleep, thus turning the snooze function on and it going off again five minutes later.

It seemed to be a real struggle to get up and get myself going this morning. I don't know why, it just seemed to be one of those days.

The 'rush hour' (and I use that term loosely as the term rush implies speed) traffic didn't help as it was exceptionally heavy thanks to all the freaking roadworks. So by the time I got to work the car park was full and I had to go and park in the overflow carpark instead which is way down the road. I suppose it could have been worse. It could have been raining.

Work was quite interesting. We had the latest samples of some more books arrive which lead to the usual fun and games when taking the samples round the building. One of these days people might try bribing the guy with a trolley full of books (i.e me) rather then the people who are only getting one copy. See I'm very honest about bribery, I've even give them a recipt :-)

I got home to get a ncie surprise. Somehow even though I only put the application in on Saturday my new passport had already been processed and arrived. Which is a amazing turn around time I think you'll agree.

I then had to help Grumpy find the rest of the post as Owen had grabbed it from the door this morning and proceeded to hide it somewhere. I eventually found it down the side of the settee rather screwed up and with some nice teeth marks through it! Of course the one day he decides to do this all of the post was for me wasn't it? Including my new car insurance cerificate which I'm sure will get some interesting looks next time I have to go and get some car tax.

I saw the worse advert ever on the TV tonight. I think it was for a double glazing which was apparently of a high quality. However to me having a advert with a man singing and banging out a tune on a keyboard resting on a ironing board in someone's louge whilst wearing a giant paper mache head doesn't exactly scream quality to me.

Of course it could just be me :-)

I don't have to worry about my scriptures until next week now. Fortunatly EP was a lot more awake then I was last night and noticed I had left my scriptures, so she picked them up and is looking after them for me. So I owe her a big thank you!

Anyway, only one more day until the weekend and no having to see 5am on Sunday morning this week.

Yeah!

Later folks!

No comments: