Saturday, March 01, 2008

Well that was different

As long term readers will know so far this year my saturdays have fallen into a depressingly repeative formula this year but not today.

To go with the earthquake earlier this week we have very strong wind and rain last night. Very strong, in fact at a couple of points I thought something was happening to the roof as it was that loud and strong. The roof was fine, however somewhere somehow a power line was not. When we woke up there was no power and the power stayed off for quite sometime. Which meant our standard breakfast was pretty much out the window.

Fortunately the power came back on just as we were heading into town to do the shopping. My first task was to get a hair cut and I learned a valuable lesson. Next time I need a hair cut it will be a heck of a lot easier to take a half day off from work and go and get it done in the week rather then trying to get it done on a Saturday. I was in the hairdressers for a hour waiting for my turn. On the plus side I did manage to get it done and at least my head feels a lot lighter.

I then had to go to look for a motherdays present for Tapdance and a birthday present for Grumpy. Theres something about our extended family which means most of the birthdays are concentrated either near the beginning of the year or near the end of the year. Quite why thats the case I have no idea, guess it's just a family quirk :-)

No fish and chips today either as we had them last night, so I had soup today instead. Which to be honest was quite an interesting change. I then actually managed to get some constructive things done, and still have enough sparetime to do some reading.

So there you have it. A totally different saturday from my usual saturdays. I better be careful if this continues people might actually start expecting me to get out of the same old routines and try new things. And who knows where that will end :-)

later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good that you remember the MOther's Day thing! It would be a shame if you didn't do something.

Yes, I sometimes also forget how much more of a pain it is to run simple errands on Sat when everyone else is trying to do them at the same time.

Saxon said...

yes it's always much quieter during the week.