Sunday, March 16, 2008

No worries, He's armless enough

Well the yucky weather is continuing as it was raining quite badly when I woke up this morning. Hmm with all this rain and wind anyone would think we're already into summer :-)

When I got to the chapel this morning the car park was surprisingly empty. It was also quite empty in the chapel as well. I have no idea where everybody was as it's not a bank holiday weekend or anything this weekend.

In Sacrement they announced that it was RMcR's last week as she gets married next week and people should take the chance to say a final goodbye to her. Now based on that statement you would think she's moving to the other end of the country or leaving the country but no. She's actually moving to Leicester. Which is hardly a long distance away. One of the new Elders gave his testimony this morning, followed by Cordelia giving a talk. Which was very good. The final speaker was a visitor from the High council who had 30 minutes to fill. When starting to explain that he bought the love of the stake president then realised that he didn't really needed t have said as the stake president was sitting right behind him at that point.

We were moving downstairs to Sunday school when I noticed O and a lot of the other young men in a group by the front door. The next thing I noticed was that O was waving what I took to be a water pistol around, but he quickly hid it behind his back making me realise it wasn't a water pistol. As it was see through I wasn't that concerned and guess it would be something like a BB gun. I simply walked past them and stated to O
" If your hiding it behind your back there's no need for me to say anything is there"
He started muttering something under his breath which I guessed was unlikely to be flattering. I caught with Engineseer and he confirmed O had a BB gun.

We had a substitute teachers today, and we were waiting for some latercomers to arrive when DB came through the door holding O's gun. On seeing our looks he said he had taken from O.
me: " Which twit has given him a BB gun"
DB: " Well I encouraged him to buy it"
me " Well I guess that's that question answered
DB: " Well I.. well, shut up"
He really needs to work on his art of response. As he hasn't improved from last time .

Mf's boyfriend wanted a look at the gun and handed it back to DB, both were being quite careless about pointing it at other people. MF pointed this out and DB assured her that there was a safety. Still MF made it clear that if he shot he with a BB, she would kill him and to be sure I'm not sure if she was joking or not.

At the end of the class O was at the door immediately demanding his gun back from DB. Db refused which lead to O wanted to know why. I pointed out that it was a Sunday, he was in church and shouldn't have a gun with him. At which point he turned and walked up off the corridor doing a childish voice going, " I'm Mr Saxon( of course he didn't say saxon, rather my real surname), I tell young men what to do, meh, meh, meh, meh ( for meh = think sound that scooter from the muppets makes)"I simply turned to Engineseer and stated
" I would say something else to him, but I refuse to have a battle of wits with a unarmed opponent"

Photoshop was teaching in Priesthood and I'm afriad that I have no shocking news to report. I did not get a hometeaching list yet again. I'm sure their going for some kind of record.

After church I noticed DB had finally given O his BB gun back and he was wondering around with it in his hands. ( apparently he gave it to a mate at one point he thought it would be funny to shoot Photoshop's lad J in the knee). The most shocking thing I found was that nobody seemed to batter a eyelid at a youngman waving a gun, (yes I know it didn't look real but that's not what I'm gettng at. ) around in the chapel. However I did see Gadget, Photoshops, Mechanius's and Techniks brother appear to have a quiet word with him at which point he put the gun away in his bag.

Photoshop did ask O later why he bought the BB gun to church and he said he had forgotten it was in his bag and he had slept at a firends house the night before. No explantion as to why he had to get it out of the bag though.

Convert actually came to church today, which was interesting.. I did try to speak to social but she disappeared again at the end of church like she always does these days. I wish she would come back to YSA activities or at least start talking to use again. I and everybody else miss her being around.

anyway, grumpy and I spent a lot of this afternoon cleaning the house. Apparently we're having a new front door fitted tomorrow as well as some new windows. Should be interesting to see what choices he made.

Monday tomorrow. Lets hope it's a easy one.

Tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station!

later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And, I am assuming with all the gun excitement, you forgot about your requested home teaching list!

Saxon said...

I'm afriad that I have no shocking news to report. I did not get a hometeaching list yet again. I'm sure their going for some kind of record.

no I did mention it