Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Now what?

As I was half expecting I still woke up this morning at 7am. However after lying there for nearly fifteen minutes I finally managed to go back to sleep for another couple of hours (shameless lie in I know). So when I finally got up I was faced by that same question faced by a lot of people when they have a day off. Now what do I do?

It's ironic isn't it. Workers spent a lot of their time bemoaning all the time spent at work and wishing for more free time. When you do get a day off, what happens? You don't know what to do with yourself. argghhhh!

Anyway, I suppose the best way to describe today, was busy doing nothing. As I spent a lot of the day doing lots of little random odd jobs aroudn the house. I was even able to put on several loads of washing ( yes thats washing as in laundry, well trained aren't I? I can also cook, clean and hover) and put them out on the line as the weather null zone seemed to be holding around geeksville as there were blue skys and sunshine today.

But the day seemed to pass all too quickly, any soon it was time for tea and time to head out to the fireside in Coventry. I managed to blag a life with Engineseer and we headed out nice and early to try and be there in plenty of time.

Which for once proved to be a rather good bit of planning as we ran into a huge traffic jam and came to a complete stop or there abouts as at one point we managed to move less then three car lengths in twenty minutes. I'm sure Engineseer could go into lots more detail on his blog if he gets round to updating it HINT, HINT ENGINESEER!

I'm subtle at giving hints aren't I?

We finally managed to break through the taffic jam and somehow we managed to make it to the stake centre in coventry with five minutes to spare. We did have to pass a gentleman on the road outside the stake centre who had obivousily been drinking and was shall we say, using the wall as a restroom. Engineseer had noticed this guy when we had got out of the car and said noticing people doing stuff like that was almost like a radar sense to him after working so long in his generic high street resturant. My response was that he should really try and develop a radar sense for something else.

I was again struck by the size of the stake centre in coventry as it seems so small now and seemed much bigger when I was a kid, but as Engineseer quite rightly pointed out last time, I was also a lot smaller when I was a kid too. The whole cultural hall was full of chairs when we got there but was still sealed off from the chapel as there wasn't another people there at that point to warrant opening the curtains. Although they did open them later. Engineseer did comment that he wondered if Elder Scott was still coming if the hall would have already been full, and I found it hard to disagree with him.

Despite this there were still a healthy number of YSA there, in a interesting mix of clothing to the usual suits and sunday Dresses, as many people had obivousily come straight from work and had no time to change.

Eldar Johnsons wife spoke first, followed by a musical item by two girls from Birmingham stake which was just wonderful and you could really feel the spirit. The Talk by Elder Johnson was very good and was about covenants. All in all it was a wonderful fireside and I felt glad I had made a effort to go by taking the day off.

As we were speaking to people afterwards I realised that I didn't know anybody from outside of our stake in our region, ( our region Fraggle, not the whole of the UK, we haven;t forgotten you) which is probably not helping in expanding the social life or dating possibilities I must admit. Most of the girls in our stake know me too well, so we're all in the depths of the 'Friendship zone'. So I guess making friends outside of the stake should be a goal to work on.

We had to run back to the car at the end as it was raining very hard and it was extremely windy as well. We had a call from Black widow on the way home who did mention that the stormy weather had finally hit geeksville. However by the time we arrived home it had seemed to disapate. Which did leave us wondering if the weather null zone around here is situated on the town or me??

Yes have you may have guessed with just Engineseer and I in the car, the conversations were somewhat geeky and getting strange towards the end.

However if the weather null zone is situated on me my powers might be weakening as the weather is getting worse outside. Grumpy however hadn't noticed a thing. Well the man did sleep through a earthquake.

Well back to work tomorrow. Lets hope theres not too much for me too do.

See you tomorrow. Same geek action, same geek channel.

later!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You do all those things around the house...and you aren't married...WHAT!?

Saxon said...

do you mean why do I know how to do those things as I'm not married? or how am I not married when I know how to do those things?

Unknown said...

I mean you know how to do these things...and NO stupid girl has snatched you up!!!!

Saxon said...

I thought that's what you meant. I was just checking. You should see the next post for what else I can do.