Monday, March 17, 2008

Going nowhere fast

Well maybe it's just me, but putting in temporary traffic lights on one of the busiest intersections in the local area during the height of rush hour doesn't seem like an especially bright idea. Unfortunately nobody told the guys who are doing the roadwork’s those facts, which lead to me being delayed 20 minutes by being stuck in the huge jam created by these stupid temporary lights. By luck the rest of the way into work was clear so I wasn't late. But let’s face it; it didn't put me in the best frame of mind by the time I pulled up in the car park at work.

Well it was a fairly quiet day today. I'm not sure if I can get used to the idea of Mondays being quiet but far be that I should look a gift horse in the mouth.

When I got home, I got to see our new door and windows for the first time. (I might post photos of before and after if I get round to it) They look quite nice, so maybe Grumpy has some taste after all :-)

On the downside today, the TV seems to be on its last legs as the screen now flickers constantly with a worrying buzzing sound from the back of the TV and the colours going too. So we haven’t used it since. Grumpy's not impressed as it's now just outside warranty and is bemoaning the fact we didn't get the extended warranty. Although I'm sure it's a case when you pay for an extended warranty you'll never need it and if you do pay for it you never use it. I guess we'll have to go and see Blackwidow at his work to see if he can help fix us up with a new one. That is if Engineseer every remembers to text me telling me when he's working, HINT, HINT ENGINESEER

It's been an interesting day for news. The guy who discovered the wreck of HMS hood has just discovered the wreck of HMAS Sydney, so hopefully they'll b able to figure out some answers to that mystery, which has always intrigued me. A man who emigrated to Australia is selling his whole life on eBay! I wonder how much he'll get for it and apparently Easter is supposed to be very cold with temperatures reaching -8 in some places. Okay admitally that last one wasn't so much interesting as a bit depressing but after what seems like weeks of hearing about trials of murderers seemingly every other day, even the news that the temperatures going to get very cold seems better!

Anyway, tune into tomorrow same geek life, same geek station.

Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you sell your whole life on eBay?

Saxon said...

well apparently it was his house, job, and friends he was selling. Nobody reported quite what his friends thought of this mind you