Wednesday, March 05, 2008

In a roundabout kind of way

I seem really fated with one mini roundabout on the way into work at the moment. When you come to a roundabout your supposed to give way to anybody on or coming onto the roundabout from your 'right'. However this doesn't when you have a car from each direction come to the roundabout at the sametime, as that means everybody is on somebody else's right, yet you have somebody on your right your supposed to give way too. Confusion always follow until one person decides to 'go for it' and hope that no one else goes for it at the same time.

I had to fill the car up with petrol this morning as the tank was getting very low. Fortunately one of the garages on the way into work still has petrol at 1.02 which is quite cheap as all the ones in geeksville at the moment are at 1.06. I really hope they don't increase the fuel duty in April by 2 pence like they said they were going to be.

It was quite quiet in the office today. My line manager was working from home ( I wish I could do that sometimes) and Ragnar is unfortunately off ill as he hurt his back playing badmintons. RC's comment was that it proves nothing good ever comes of exercise.

Institute this evening and as the eternal marriage course has ended we're on two lessons of the old testament course until easter. For once the class was rather uneven and the guys vastly outnumbered the girls. We were talking about Samson this evening and physics replied in a answer to Bro H " He was looking for a wife" "Aren't we all" I thought until I got a odd sideways look from the guy sitting next to me and realised I hadn't actually thought that and had said it instead! Oh well nobody else heard so lets just keep this between you me and the rest of the internet.

We were in the second lesson I think when Bro H asked the question to the girls what they looked for in their ideal man. My first thought was to go, erm hang on a second eternal marriage course is finished, why are we talking about stuff like this, I wanted the potentially depressing stuff gone! Fortunatly unlike the first time I did manage to keep my mouth firmly shut. One of the girls said that they would like a guy who keeps his promises and will stand by his beliefs and convictions. Which did cheer me up as I was like Yah! that's me I'm like that so maybe's theres hope for me yet.

I got home all eager to watch torchwood but Grumpy had arrived back and wanted to watch a different program at the same time. I decided to be nice and let him watch his. I'll just have to try and catch the repeat next week or off the BBC website.

never mind,

later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously, people play badminton still? That is funny!

And just so you know, we aren't ALL looking for a wife :)

Saxon said...

yes they do indeed.

Well I would hope your not Alice otherwise that would raise all sorts of questions :-)