Friday, March 07, 2008

Feeling sleepy

Well the weekend's here and not a moment too soon. I had one of those days today when I was feeling tired and just couldn't stop yawning. Of course normally something with sugar and caffine would help but of course as I've given them up ( why is when I'm tired I can never think of the good reasons for giving them up) I wasn't going to be getting any help to stay awake that way!

Well Work was quiet and I was able to get a lot done. So much done I actually ended up having completed everything so ended up creating point of sale packs for one of our distributors. Which isn't as exciting as it sounds, it was basically putting stuff in envelopes.

Well I'm fairly certain this weekend will be back to the same old same old. Of course it is Grumpys Birthday on Sunday, but I've already got his present so I don't have to worry about that. I suppose the only two things I have to think about is first, trying to do something constructive with my time and secondly hoping that this huge storm which is supposed to hit the UK on Monday misses us . The wind is supposed to get steadily worse as the weekend goes on. Of course that's probably not going to affect me too badly as once again as nothing is going on, I'm probably going to be firmly house bound all weekend.

" A Social life, a social life my Kingdom for a social life!"

I'm taking next Tuesday off work. There's a big fireside for YSA down in Coventry and we have to get there quite early and there's no way I could make it if I was at work. Plus I suppose it's as good an excuse as any to take a day off. The Speaker was supposed to be Elder Richard G scott ( he's somebody from quite high up in our church for those of you who are not LDS) however he's ill so he's place has been taken by Elder Johnson from the local area Authority. And yes it's that Elder Johnson from the YSA Conferences. I have to admit I did have a small flicker of unease as he has proven in the past to be a very 'variable' speaker but I'm going to hope he will be in a good mood rather then in one of his 'odd ones'

and it will be of no great surprise to anyone for me to say that I will probably blog all about it... Hey I'm nothing if not predictable.

later!

4 comments:

anne said...

I always look forward to hearing Richard G Scott speak at conference, I really enjoy his talks. Elder Johnson is also a good speaker. Hope you have a great time

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's always a bummer when you "could have" heard from an apostle. But, no matter, I am sure you will feel the spirit AND enjoy the day off work...see, you do have a social life:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Saxon,
I think I can help you with your social life problem, I think you just need to make an extra new years resolution. Why dont you just promise to throw one party a month, every month for a year?

You could start off pretty small, just 3 or 4 people, and then next month invite the 3 or 4 people that came, and tell them they have to bring a random person that you have never met. Keep going and going and soon you will be throwing pretty big parties.

I did this a while back and it worked really well. I met all sorts of random people.

Just pick a theme for each party - if you get stuck just go to blockuster and look at all the movies for ideas (Eg a space man party, rock and roll party, robot party, etc etc) that sets the scene and the music, and then get a bit of fancy dress and some food etc and you are done.

Its easyer than you might think.

Saxon said...

yeap it should be a interesting fireside.

I'll think about that Drat.