Sunday, March 02, 2008

Guess what everybody??

Well despite my best efforts I was unable to catch the Bishop today before I had to leave so that left me only one option. Trying the Eldars quorum President again and guess what? Yes he still hasn't done me a new hometeaching list ( wow big shock there) and says he's very busy at the moment ( what about the last several months) and he will get round to updating my list and sorting out a new companion for me as soon as possible. Wow I'm getting the strangest sense of deja vu here. I think I'm going to have to try and catch the Bishop next week instead.

Talking of Bishopric's, Mechanicus has just been called to his bishopric as the 2nd counciler. Engineseer wasn't at church today, quite where he was I have no idea but as per usual everybody was asking me where he was. I could tell them where Black widow was, I just had no idea where enginseer was.

We actually had quite a full YSA class today. Traveller was visiting (again) and her brother and his wife were visiting too. I did hear today and anyone correct me if I heard incorrectly that M.Y is getting married. I'm not sure who she's getting married to but with the way things have been going in Loughborough lets face it, the chances are very high it's a American. I still think we need to implement the idea Engineseer and I discussed once about implementing stricter border controls for American YSA lads. " Sorry sir we can't let you into the country please go home and open your ideas and realise how many stunning single YSA females you have over there and date them so you can stop stealing the english ones." Hey it could happen! Well it's just as likely to happen as the aeroplane plan is.

Deep shock in the priesthood lesson today. Photoshop wasn't teaching!(for once as he always seems to be teaching) Fortunately our faith wasn't shaken too much by this surprising turn of evens.

I went over to see Tap dance this afternoon to take her, her Mothers days presents. Grumpy kept himself busy in the garden doing some tidying. He had great fun trying to avoid the frog's. Theres loads of them about at the moment and the pond is now full of frog spawn!

Well I thought as it was the start of another new month it's time to review my resolutions again;

1) Exercise more.
Still going strong. I've started using weights now and some odd thingy mejig which I have no idea what it's called but it helps me do sit ups.

2) loose weight.
Over a stone lost now so I think it's fair to say " Yah me" on this one. It's slow but steady.

3) Cut back on sugar and caffine.
Well I've gone farther on this one and cut out all caffine completly. Which despite having cut back on my intake still lead to some rather nasty headaches. But their gone now and I'm sticking to Lemonade or sprite.

4) Keep the blog more up to date.
At least one post for every day of the year so far.

5) Try and get more people to read my blog and leave comments.
Still making progress here too. As the maps shows I have at least five regular readers. Which is nice.

6) Get Finances under control and start saving.
Still going good here. Finished month with more money then I expected again, so I think I'm on the right track. I think next step is to open a savings account.

7) Try to minimize the amount of time I spend wallowing in self pity.
This one is still proving tricky. Although with V day out of the way this should hopefully start to become easier.

8) Make a new friend.
Well I made two new blogging friends, well there was a third but mike seems to have vanished along with his blog. Where are you mike?? No progress of making a new friend out in the real world so I guess I'll have to keep working on it.

9)Develop a new skill
I'm starting to really get the hang of publisher now.

10) Broaden my history knowledge by studying about the tudors.
I've just finished my second book on the tudors. Review to follow. I did also find a good article on wilkipedia which lists all of the 'departures form history' that the TV show has.

So I think after review it's safe to say I am still keeping my resolutions.

Monday tomorrow. I'm hoping for a quiet day, touch wood ( smacks himself on head)

later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Saxon. I've been reading your blog pretty regularly now and it is definatly getting better since you made your resoution to keep it updated. For us not in the LDS thing, could you maybe explain a bit more about the terms you use and stuff. Why is everyone just getting married to random americans? do they end up moving out there or do the americans move here... whats the situation?

Also, I dont know if you know this website called www.moneysavingexpert.com but its really goot to help with your money resolution and it tells you all about the best banks and isa's and stuff like that. very usefull.

Unknown said...

WOW Saxon, You are going strong! I am thoroughly impressed. I can't even keep up with one resolution! :)

Unknown said...

P.S. Where in the world is Mike Ball?

Saxon said...

Thanks Drat, I hope you like one of todays post.

Why are all the girls getting married to Americans? We don't know, all suggestions welcome. Most of the girls do move out there to live.

Saxon said...

I have no idea where Mike's gone Alice.

Being single and having not much of a social life is probably helping me in keeping the resolutions.