Sunday, March 09, 2008

Now are they still right or did they get it wrong?

Well weathermen are known from time to time to get the weather wrong. Sometimes by a little bit and othertimes they can be as far out as they can possibily be. I'm unsure at the moment as to whether they are right about this storm which is supposed to be heading our way. As despite the warning to stay inside and avoid unnecssary journeys the weather has been fine tonight. Which means one of three things, they were wrong, irony decided to take a hand in the proceedings as I had decided not to go to the CES broadcast based on this warning, oh it's just the calm before the storm (literally). However it might well be the latter option as it's currently very quiet outside and I mean can hear a pin drop quiet. No wind or anything. So if the weathermen are right we're probably going to get hit overnight. Which if is happens is probably going to make getting to work rather interesting in the morning.

Church was well...interesting. Sacrement got off to a very bad start as three quarters of the people went off the hymn number on the board and didn't listen to what the bishop said which was totally different hymn number. It didn't help it was a less well known hymn as well so it sounded like there was a grand total of a dozen people singing. Not the sort of start to go along with the bright sunshine we had this morning. The theme this morning was Mothers as Mothers day was on fast Sunday. R McR was the first to speak. I didn't realise that her wedding is only two weeks away. Unsurprisingly I haven't got a invite. Well I didn't get one to JF's wedding either and both of them seem to be in the same 'clique' for want of a better term.

Sunday school was fun too, especially as Physics was in one of those moods and it was just infectous which did set me and Engineseer of making lots of jokes as well. Some of the highlights were Physics making a joke about how it was painful to be a man and jewish and accussing DB of being prideful ( of course DB had just be showing pictures to everyone of a personalised number plate he had just bought for his car that costs £600. He's seemed shocked that people thought he was showing off. can't imagine why people thought that). The funnist part of the lesson had to be when the teacher spilt us into two groups and said one side of the class was 'good' and our side of the class( consisting of myself, Engineseer and Physics) was 'bad', still coming to church but clubbing, drinking, different women every night etc. She asked how we felt about that how bad did we feel ( or words to that effect) My response ( as I was also in one of those moods)
" The geeks finally have the girls, we're happy"
she got a bit flustered at that point and said no what would we do to solve these bad feelings and the knowledge that we had done something wrong. Physics response;
" I'm sure the drink would help with that"
At which point the teacher got a bit firm and said if we were drinking, taking drugs, clubbing, different women every night etc what would we do at church to help put ourselves back on the right track.
Our groups response to that, was if we were doing all that the chances we were still coming to church would be very remote anyway. The teacher then realised she was fighting a loosing battle as we were in one of those moods with this line of questioning and quickly moved on.

I did go into some of priesthood but as I was taking Grumpy out to dinner I had to leave early. I got a text from Engineseer though to say someone in the Eldars quorum lesson had actually used the quote " With great power comes great responsibility" It was probably a good job I wasn't there otherwise I would have probably collapsed into hysterics. It did make me think of a slightly different version to the spiderman song,
" Elder man, Elder man, does whatever a elder can"

Oh and surprise, surprise, no hometeaching list. Again. Engineseer helped me corner the EQ president to ask him about it. He said that they were reworking the lists and they should have it done shortly. Engineseer took that as a good sign, me being slightly cynical ( no really) did point out that, that was the fifth time I've been told that their 'reworking the lists and it should be done soon'. However there was a more hopeful sign as Bro England came to ask a couple of questions about what nights I would be avalabile to go hometeaching. So I'm hoping if he's now helping rework the lists something will actually get done.

Anyway, that's all for now. Tune in tomorrow. Same geek action, same geek channel.

That's assuming we haven't been blown away.

later!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for that hometeaching list...would you like to do my hubby's for him until you get yours:)

Saxon said...

I would but I think there might be one or two small logistical issues involved in doing that :-)