Monday, March 31, 2008

I should not let this bother me, I should not let this bother me

Okay I have to admit that I've been quite lucky with comments that people leave on my blog and I haven't had any bad ones. However I did notice one that somebody has left on this post " come to the geek side" that has been annoying me for a large part of the day and did make me wonder if I should switch to moderated comments. I've decided that I'm not going to do that yet and hope that this nasty comment
" Too many cookies make you fat. Are you fat? Also this blog is really sad, i feel bad for you."
is the last one I get for a while. As the saying goes everybody has a right to their opinion but if your going to leave a nasty comment on someone's blog and only sign it as anonymous, that does display a lack of courage to stand behind your own opinons. I will ignore this comment and just hope that the rest of you don't find this blog sad and feel bad for me.

Right, rant over....


It was one of those days today which made me wish I hadn't given up caffine. The day just seemed to drag on and on and it was so quiet and hot in the office, that combined with looking at a computer screen did mean I had to go and get some fresh air mid afternoon as I felt my eyelids growing very heavvyyyyy.......

Despite that what really made me happy today was on the way home, the sun was so bright I actually had to find my sunglasses out of the door pocket and use them! Maybe spring really is here after all!

Engineseer dropped his car off earlier as he's off out of the country for a week or so visiting his parents so he didn't want to leave his car unattended on a main road. Grumpy did jokily ask if Engineseer had kept a note of the mileage. At least I hope it was a joke!

I've spent a large part of the evening sorting through stuff from the garage as their running a swap shop at work as part of the celebrations, at least it will be a chance to exchange some stuff I'm not using for some stuff I will.

anyway,

tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station.

5 comments:

Scully said...

They are called trolls for a reason, Saxon. They are ugly and like to stir up trouble. And cookies make life worth living. I'm just saying. I like your blog. It is on my daily-visit list. And I meant to say this, like, 5 posts ago, but you can go ahead and discuss Doctor Who freely if you feel like it because I've never really cared about spoilers one way or the other. Hope today is better!

Anonymous said...

hey saxon dont let it bother you too much

i used to run a blog and for every 100 comments I would get 1 or 2 bad ones. but if they are annonymous i would just ignore them. sometimes its hard to do cos you take it quite personaly but dont let it bug you.

also, i can see what they are saying about your blog being "sad" but thats because its the optimistic pessimist blog, not the happy happy fun fun blog!!!!

whoever they are needs to take it for what it is!!!

Saxon said...

hello computadores or "spambot" please go away!

Saxon said...

true scully. Cookies are very nice

Saxon said...

true drat. I've calmed down about it now. I was just having the sort of day where the comment annyed much more then if it had been on any other dy.