Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Deafening silence

Traffic seemed a bit heavier on the way into work this morning and I soon saw why. A set of traffic lights on a busy interesection had broken. However obivousily realising the potential for 'disaster' as it were several policemen had turned up to direct traffic. Rather them then me as I wouldn't want to be standing in the middle of the A6 High vis jacket or not.

I got to work remarkably quickly, which leads me to suspect that the kids in nottingham must have started their easter term early. Not that I'm complaining of course.

Work was, well I suppose the best phrase to describe it was " Deafening silence". It was just so quiet in the office, everybody seemed so focussed on what they were doing and not talking. Of course everybody else has the advantage of being able to listen to music whilst working, which I do not!

The book club also visited today, so I was able to get a lovely history encyclopedia for a tenner, which has a RRP of £30. Not too bad me thinks.

Traffic was horrid whilst trying to get home, with a jam the length of the A453. Which mant I had to go on a magical mystery tour of the countryside in a attempt to get home. Which actually worked quite well, as I was only half an hour later then usual in getting home.

I think both Grumpy and I are starting to suffer withdrawal symptoms from having no telly. What did people do before tv?

Well it's the last insitute of the course tomorow night. So it should be interesting especially if convert actually turns up. I have a feeling things are about to get loud!

later!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I do believe people had... are you ready? I think people had honest relationships before TV. You know, like actual talking and visiting.

Hehe.

Saxon said...

actual talking and conversations? I've heard of that. Apparently that used to exist before text messages too :-)