Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's all so quiet

It was one of those days today at work. A lot of people were out of the office and those that were in didn't seem to be doing much talking. So at times it really was a 'deafening silence'. But hey on the plus side it allowed to to concentrate and gets lots of work clear. Which gave me more time to sort through the sample copies of our books we have in the office. As part of the big move around we're having, the editors are moving so they've been clearing out their shelves. Now I can't be sure but it seems like they have 'Mary poppins' shelves as I can't think of any other explanation for the sheer number of books which appeared from their shelves. Of course they didn't need most of these books which meant I had to sort through most of them to try and figure out what to keep in the office and what to book back into stock. Well at least it meant I didn't have to answer emails for a while.

The website for the YSA national conference has gone live. If I get my form in before the end of May I'll save £21 on the full price. Which is great. They also seem to have learned from last year and got the forms out nice and early. This should mean that there are lots more early registrations this year.

It looks almost certain ( can never be too sure what fate has in store) that I'm going. Engineseer might or might not go depending on if he's on a mission by this point, and I guess we'll have to see about Fraggle. If both Engineseer and Fraggle do come I guess it will be geeky roadtrip time once again! I have already booked the geekmobile with Grumpy for that weekend. Fraggle you'll have to let us know what your plans are. Maybe we'll go to a real extreme and see if we can actually get some girls to join us. No wait, lets not start talking crazy now :-) Well whatever, you can be sure that I'll keep you all up to speed with the plans.... It's not like I have many more interesting things to talk about :-)

anyway, not much planning for this evening. I guess I'll sit back and either read a book or watch a TV. Well it's not like I can go hometeaching can I?

later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A geeky roadtrip..how fun....do you think that my hubby's trip to Harvard law with a bunch of TN law students would fit in that category?

I love the Mary Poppins description...it is nice to know that we share the viewing of that movie across time and space...it's a classic.

Saxon said...

that does sound like it would fit in that category.