Sunday, March 16, 2008

hmmmm

I've just found this article on the Daily mail website. It appears that in the latest BBC drama they have changed the 'position' in which Jesus was crucified to make it and I quote " "historically accurate" as possible" based on new research.

and of course they obivousily felt by making this statement that they hadn't caused a big enough row as they have also faced claims of trying to exonerate Judas, Pontius Pilate and High Priest Caiaphas in the programme. Programme-makers have portrayed them in a sympathetic manner, claiming they have been dealt "a raw deal" by history.

Words fail me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, they fail me too. Indeed, it is astonishing to me that people are trying so hard to de-deify (is that a word) the Savior. He is God and what was done to Him was a part of the plan, meaning He had to give His life. I don't think the people of that day had to enter into that evil act so cheerfully, but He is God, Redeemer and Savior. No question there. He did live. He did suffer for our sins in the Garden of Gethsemane and He was resurrected on the third day. They can deny it all they want, it is true. And Herod, Pontius Pilate and Caiaphas were culpable in that death.

Unknown said...

Funny that after I read the article I planned to comment, hmmmmm? I don't know if your post title just stuck with me or what.

Saxon said...

I know Candace, I couldn't believe the article when I saw it to.

I know Alice, i couldn't think of anything else to say asides from Hmmm? either