Thursday, March 06, 2008

mad motoring

I'm not in the best of mood this evening. Mainly thanks to a complete idiot of a van driver who came very close to colliding with me after the twit tried to overtake five cars, that right five cars, on a hill, which had a blind corner. When seeing a truck coming the other way rather then doing the sensible thing of pulling back to the right side of the road he simply decided to floor it in a effort to overtake me as well. Leaving me no choice but to slam on the brakes and for want of a better term 'dodge him' (literally) as he cut me up as he came back onto the right side of the road as he realised that playing chicken with a lorry that was incredibily close to showing him what a bad driver he was, was not a good plan.

Right, rant over. Sorry about that :-)

Well one more day to the weekend. When is the time going? We're already a week into March! It was a fairly quiet day at work, I only had two phone calls. I spent a large chunk of the day working on some new projects and clearing my desk up as it's been a while since I had done it and the steadily growing pile of books was starting to look untidy. Cleaning your desk up is a tedious job but at least it now looks tidy and I now have room for a paint station for when I do painting at lunch. What can I say? I'm a geek. I'm sure regular readers are starting to pick up on this fact :-)

In the news today, the worst storm of winter is forecast for this coming Monday, Petrol looks like it's going to hit £5 a gallon and worst of all RAF personel have been ordered not to wear their uniforms in public in Peterborough after suffering verbal abuse in the street. All serious stuff I'm sure you can agree. However for a lot of websites none of this rates as one of the most important story of the day. No that honour falls to three stories about a ex childrens TV presenter flaunting his body, The duchess of York getting involved in a quite frankly bizare reality TV show and of course where would the media be without good old BS. As in Britney spears who is now the subject of growing speculation that she is pregnant as she has a (and I quote) 'Bulging stomach". Apparently to some people the news that she may be pregnant is more important then anything else.

Please excuse me while I go and bang my head on the desk and worry for the future of mankind.

later!

No comments: