Wednesday, March 26, 2008

That doesn't really inspire confidence

Well it was a little louder then usual at work today as they started to put the wall up. Cue lots of drilling, hammering and sawing as they started to put up the new wall and knock through a couple of old ones. As part of the process of putting up the new wall they've put up a frame work first. However it didn't really inspire confedence when they tried to put one of the supports in and it was too short. So either they had mis measured or it says something about the levelness of the ceiling that we didn't really need to know.

I had lots of the exactly same email to answer today and I wish I could go into more detail but as it's work stuff I can't. I'll leave you to try and puzzle that one out. Suffice to say some people just have far too much time on their hands.

Interesting news today. Apparently a research project has discovered why a lack of sleep makes women more grumpy then men. This means that women have another excuse now as to why their grumpy and men have another thing they shouldn't say to a upset wife " Your only grumpy because your not getting enough sleep".

No instititute tonight as we've broken up for Easter. Engineseer did talk getting some people together to go to ceroc, but it looks like they didn't happen. Or at least if it did happen he forgot to tell me. Either option equally as likely and to be honest even if they did go it may have proven to be a blessing in disguise as the whole geek thing is probably bad enough at putting girls off with out me displaying the fact I can dance about as well as the incredible hulk walks " Urgh rhythm make me move". Mind you maybe I should give ceroc a go one of these days as Technik can dance pretty well now and before he learned ceroc he used to dance the way virgil tracy walked.

Of course with no institute on a Wednesday the BBC decide to go and change torchwood to a Friday night instead. Argghhhh...... But they have started showing the new series of the apprentice instead. Which I did like as the absolute muppet who I was looking forward to see getting cut down to size was the first to get the boot. It is fascinating how someone can be that successful and smart and still be a complete failure as a Human being. Of course the depressing thing is as he is so successful he probably gets all the girls *sigh*

Best line of the evening from the Big Bang theory
" No one who is that attractive can be that good at video games"

anyway, It's late and it's time to go to bed,

tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What's ceroc?

I beg to differ on the quote...my husband is very attractive and I guarantee that he could kill you at ANY video game, even if he is years out of practice.

Saxon said...

it's form of dancing.

I'll have to take you word about your husband :-)