Monday, March 24, 2008

Come to the Geek side. We have cookies...

Well if there's one downside to Bank Holidays it's that you have to go back to work the next day! But then again we don't have much choice in the matter as there is that pesky rule that companies actually like you to turn up to work before they'll pay you. And of course the other problem is that I don't know if the kids in Nottingham will still be off school, so do I leave at the usual time or leave a bit earlier to try to get to work earlier and tackle five days worth of work in one day. Decisions, decisions.

The latest episode of Torchwood was great. It had Flashbacks to how each member of the team joined up. Everybody else in the team got captions like 5 years ago, 3 years ago, 21 months ago etc for their flashbacks. Jacks flashback read something along the lines of 1,392 deaths earlier. He, he, he. His flashback went back to Victorian times and featured two rather interesting employees of torchwood back then. Although these two characters did say something which made me wonder if Queen victoria had written something else into the founding charter of torchwood asides from the Doctor is a enemy of the British empire. Speaking of Doctor who the new series is supposed to start soon. The adverts look great.

And to stay on all things geeky, I've got a new favourite show at the moment. " The big bang theory", which is really funny. The lead characters are as probably as geeky as me, can be as socially inept when it comes to romantic oppotunities as me and are a heck of a lot smarter then me. Of course I do have the advantage over them of being real. Or am I??? Wait, wait not going to get onto a meaningless ramble about the meaning of existence. Mainly because I'll have no idea what I'm talking about.

Well after looking through the news it appears that the following is what the media thinks is news worthy. Pamela Anderson apparently wore a dodgy dress, and seeing as I have very little dress sense I can't really comment on this one. Jade goody from big brother apparently got involved in a fight in a club, I really don't know why we can't do a special reverse big brother for her and the other annoying contestants who don't seem to know that their five minutes is up. We vote them into a house with no cameras and no door out and leave them there? Anybody go for that?

Also in the news, apparently having a big handbag could lead to back problems. Must remember that bit of information, Jessica Alba is apparently finding it hard to be pregnant with twins ( pregnancies hard? wow I'm sure nobody knew that before), Madonna has a fitness guru, Anna friel had a cigarette while having lunch, Kate moss wore a wolley coat and apparently much to the BBC's surprise a lot of people have objected to a plot shown before the watershed of a man being put into a coffin and buried alive. So there you have it between the pointless, the blinding obivous and the we didn't really need to know that or care about that, that's what some news outlets have decided is news worthy today.

To quote G'kar from babylon 5

" Weep for the future, weep for us all"

later

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the quote...weep for us all indeed...I hope you will always remember to carry a handbag that is only 1/20th of your weight, and that goes for some day when you have to carry the purse of your wife too. got it?

Scully said...

But I love ginormous handbags! I just bought two at Target Saturday because they looked like they would hold my precious MacBook that arrived today. Also, I am green with envy that you get to see Doctor Who soon. I miss it so. Although my dad recently added BBC America to our cable package and I can now watch episodes of Torchwood. Although it really isn't the same, seeing as how there is no Doctor. The current incarnation of whom I just might be in love with.

Saxon said...

Yes Alice, got it. Mind you I might have to find a girl silly enough to marry me first before I start worrying as to if I can carry her handbag.

Saxon said...

the first series of torchwood is so, so. The 2nd series is much better scully. Apparently it's more popular then Doctor who in the US.

I'll try not to mention the new series too much when it begins. Which is apparently very soon now

Anonymous said...

Too many cookies make you fat. Are you fat? Also this blog is really sad, i feel bad for you.

Saxon said...

hi Anonymous,

yes cookies can make you fat.

Yes I am a bit overweight not that is any business of yours whatsoever. Are you fat then? of course I don't know you and have no right asking you that question. just like you.

If you think my blog is sad that's your opinion, and if you want to feel bad for me feel free. Not that I care what you think as by not leaving your name or any details of your own blog that shows me that your either nasty and mean and were trying to hurt. Or I actually know you and you wouldn't want me to call you on this face to face .

With all that in mind please feel free to leave, oh and don't come back!