Sunday, March 30, 2008

Whoops

Well when I got up this morning I was very surprised to see that the weather had completely changed from last night. The sky was blue and the sun was shining. I had just finished breakfast and noticed that there was a text message on my phone from Engineseer. I read the first part which asked me if I was okay, when lead me to wonder if there had been another earthquake in the night that I had slept through. I then read the second part of the message which asked if I had remembered to put my clocks forward. Clocks forward? Whoops.....

Yes so rather then getting to church in time for the start of sacrement I actually ended up getting there for the very end. Well hopefully this will be the last time I make that mistake.

As it was the 5th Sunday of the month the relief society and priesthood had a joint lesson. The bishop opened the lesson saying that Brother england would be talking about a very important subject that we should all be doing. I turned to Engineseer and stated that if this lesson was going to be about home teaching I would probably burst into hysterics. Brother England got up and announced that the lesson would be about visiting and Home teaching. At which point I let out a laugh which i tried to hide by trying to turn it into a fake coughing fit. The trouble was the first five minutes of the lesson sent me into a giggling fit which I just couldn't stop and I thought I was going to have to go outside. I just couldn't help it as he was coming out with lines like " Your lists are important, you should get to know your companion, I know some of you might have problems going out teaching, speak to your leaders if your having problems they will help". Mind you the whole EQ presidency was released today and the new EQ president called. Brother england finished the lesson saying if the priesthood had any problems with our lists we should go and speak to him.

So I went across to speak with him with Engineseer and explained that I was still waiting on a list. Mentally I was comparing the list of excuses I usually got. his response,
" Sure I've got your new list here"
Wait what?
" I'm sorry that sounded like you said you had a list for me there"
" I do" and with that he gave me my new hometeaching list and companion details. I'm sure I must have stood there for a couple of minutes with my mouth open in shock.
Yes geek fans you have read all this correctly. After many months of waiting my faith in Brother England was not misplaced and I now have a HOME TEACHING LIST!

Engineseer, photoshop and cordelia were all most impressed and surprised too. Of course Cordelia had other problems at that point as one of her nieces had called Engineseer by her boyfriends name and when Engineseer pointed that out, the niece had decided that meant Aunt Cordelia now had two boyfriends!

It's just gone 7pm as I sit here writing this and the most obivous change of the clocks going forward is the fact it's still light. Hmmm, maybe spring is almost here after all.

tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek channel.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so thrilled..I almost sent you a comment this morning wishing you well with the home teaching list...so happy. It is so nice to have people in the church who get things done! yeah for Brother England. Send him my love in the gospel all the way from USA!

Unknown said...

And, I have to tell you that you totally missed the ball on naming this post....whoops...I understand that you screwed up on the time thing, but isn't the hometeaching list TOTALLY THE BIGGER STORY.

My suggested title would be FINALLY!

Anonymous said...

hey saxon! i can hear a choir singing in the background and a big glowing ray of light coming from your home teaching list like "aaaaah-ahhh-aaaaah"


this is indeed a glorious day in saxon-world!


ok, so I dont know too much about home teaching so I guess you will have to tell us all about it in your next posts!


rock on!

Rhonda said...

Too funny. We have a family in our Ward who are always late.... until the yearly time change in the Fall, in which there they are sitting in a row... and hour early!

Thanks for your comment on my post. It was hilarious. Especially since my husband did grow up for a period here in the US with no plumbing and heat.

Saxon said...

Brother England is american actually Alice, he got married to a English girl. I Was going to call the blog title something along those lines but decided not to, to see if people actually noticed the story :-)

Saxon said...

yes drat it did feel like something like that was going to happen. I will be sure to blog about it when I do go out hometeaching for the first time.

Saxon said...

Another family got to church the same time I did and looked very relieved that they weren't the only ones late.

no problem rhonda. Thanks for your comment too!