Friday, March 21, 2008

Busy doing nothing and I feel fine

It was great this morning as rather then having to get up to the sound of a alarm, I could get up well pretty much whenever I wanted.

Despite the lazy start to this morning I have been working hard to try and be constructive. I spent a lot of time going through my book collection and trying to organise it. My collection is well pretty darn huge at this point which did lead me to a conclusion which I didn't want to face. I've got two choices at this point, I can either get rid of something else so I have enough room to put a new bookshelf or two in or I'm going to have to get rid of some books. Neither option especially appealing to me as I am a terrible hoarder and I find it really hard to part with stuff. At much as I don't want to I'm going to have to make my mind up soon.

Grumpy did make a comment the other day that I appear to becoming much more interested in history at the moment and seemed to be reading lots of history books. Looking at the books I've recently read and my collection he's probably got a goodpoint. I think I said something back along the lines of " Well I have got a degree in it" which lead to a 'Wait I do have degree in it' moment for me. It's going to be six years in August since I left uni which is a scary thought.

As we've had a important 'milestone' as it were coming up at work soon I spent most of the afternoon gluing some new models together, or at least I was in between glueing my fingers together, if I get round to it I'll post some pictures. Well at the very least it will spare you some more of my ramblings :-)

That does remind me, I still haven't had my tankard from work. I guess I better chase that up.

It seems that the constant playing of 'rockstar' on the radio have finished finally. and it's now been replaced my two songs. The first is 'scream' by timbaland, which is just annoying. Although it does seem like the stylists for the video for the two females singers were having a bet.
" Lets see what the least unsexy thing we have in the way of clothing that we can add to her outfit and put her in that."
" I've got a balaclava here "
" Perfect, that will do"
Seriousily, it doesn't matter how hot the singer is. Balaclava's are not sexy. The second song is the new madonna song. Timbaland pops up in that one too. I don't know if I've missed a new rule that says songs can only be cool if he's in them. But Justin Timberlake is also in as well. Don't know why he's there either. Maybe they were going for a tree theme?

I've just finished watching the latest episode of torchwood and it was great. One of the best if not the best of the series. And Gwen finally gets something to do apart from being a damsel in distress. Now I know Drat prefers Hannah from Primeval, but I'm a much bigger fan of Eve myles. Who you can watch as a actress and not wonder sometimes where the other six are and if she's going to burst into song.

It seems like we might finally be starting to get some good movies on at the cinema. I've just seen the trailer for the new incredbile hulk film which look sooooooo much better then the last one. I was thinking that good movies at the cinema, will enable me to get out more. I then saw a scene in the trailer and my first thought was " They've ripped then straight out of the ultimates series one" my second thought was " That proves I have to get out more!"

By the way if anybody knows what I'm talking about there I will be very impressed.

Institute graduation ball this year should be interesting. Apparently different parts of the ball will be organised by different stakes and you know what they saw about things organised by commitee. Also the theme of the ball will be the 1960s. Yes you read that right the 1960s, era of peace, grooving and free love.
Are you all getting the same feeling that I am that someone didn't think that one through?

Tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station.

1 comment:

Saxon said...

oh look, it's a spambot everyone!

please ignore him