Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Well I guess we should have seen it coming

Well unlike the past two days there was a frenzy of activity in the office today, mainly because the estates department finally let us know when we needed to clear half of the office in ready for the wall their going to be putting in. And when did we have to clear it? Well today as their going to start building tomorrow. Forward planning going as well as ever I see.

It was a interesting day in the sense of how much stuff we found at the back of shelves, in the depths of cupboards and the corners of drawers etc. Of course we didn't need any of the stuff we found but then again I guess that's always the way. You can always find something when you don't need it.

The TV is still broken which is starting to get annoying, especially for Grumpy. Also half the curtain rail for the windows in the lounge has broken so we can only hang half of the curtains at the moment which looks a little bit strange to say the least. hmm there seems to be a running theme developing here.

Institute was fun and that's the end of the old testament course too so yah! We were setting the tables up at the start of the class when I noticed one of the guys wasn't helping. When I queried why he said he was too small and skinny to help put the tables up as when he tried to help last week he had hurt his arm. I pointed out that if he didn't help he would start building up his muscles, the following exchange then went along roughly these lines
him: I have tried to put on muscles but I never can
me: Okay
him: No really I do try, I eat and eat and eat and can never put any weight on.
me: That's not something to complain about
him: no it's really bad I can eat whatever I want and never put on any weight it's terrible
me: Yes, I'm feeling real sympathetic that you can eat whatever you want and not put any weight on ( yes there was a touch of sarcasim in my voice here)
him: well it is terrible
me : yes I'm sure, and you might not want to mention that to the girls
him: Why
me: As I'm sure they wouldn't be terribly sympathic either.

Oh to have that problem to moan about!


tune in tomorrow, same geek channel, same geek station.

later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

come and see me at work ill sort you out with a new tv im there all day saturday 9 till 6 :)

Saxon said...

cheers,