Monday, March 10, 2008

Well so much for that

It seems that the weather null zone around geeksville is continuing to hold. Nearly always, the rest of the country might be suffering one form of weather. We seem to end up with something completely different. Today, everywhere else gets storms, gales, tons of rain. I look out the window at work this morning. Blue sky. This is a weird place to live sometimes I tell yah!

Well work was quiet today. Too quiet. I don't know if I'm going to be able to get used to it being this quiet. Of course I have the feeling that Wednesday will more then make up for it as all the emails and work that comes in tomorrow will be waiting for me when I get back. C'est la vie I guess.

They have started the first of the move rounds at work. It's like a giant sliding game puzzle. You have to move one thing before you can put something else into it's sport from another location. You just have to hope when it all stops everything is where it needs to be.

I got home to find Grumpy had already finished his dinner as he was going out to his course. I was taking my dinner out of the oven ( sprouts with baked potato again, Don't ask me I'm not the cook) when I noticed that something was missing. I quickly found the chicken pieces which should have been on the plate still in the tray in the oven. I pulled the tray out and was bemused to find that there was twice as much chicken as there should have been. I stuck my head round the lounge door and asked Grumpy, who looked baffled for a few moments, then the penny dropped. He had forgotten to put the chicken on his plate and forgotten all about it. I suppose thats easy to do, it's not likes he cooked dinner or anything oh wait...

Well It's my day off tomorrow. Yah!! Whats the betting I still wake up at 7am and can't get back to sleep?

Oh it looks like the government will still be putting that 2p a litre rise in fuel duty in the budget on Wednesday. Seriousily where is all the money their getting from the petrol tax going?

anyway.

later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's your lucky day: double chicken and a day off!

Saxon said...

I know!