Wednesday, March 12, 2008

They giveth and they taketh away

Well I caught a break today. Well not just me, all other motorists caught the same break, but lets not talk about them :-) Yes the government has decided to not increase the fuel duty by 2p. Well not until October anyway. Of course being a church member has it's advantages too as the government has raised duties on booze and cigarettes which doesn't affect me in the slightist. Of course the money I save there might well be needed if the cost of oil continues to sky rocket, but I guess theres not a lot I can do about that. Unless I turn into a evil meglomaniac and take over the world..... Hmm there's an idea.

Well the amount of work I had waiting for me wasn't too bad, surprisingly enough. So I was able to work through it pretty quickly and help sort out some stuff for the office move around. We've managed to stockpile an amazing amount of useless stuff in the office.

Anyway institute tonight was interesting. We've only got one more 'night' of this course then we break for easter. The easter break is surprisingly long this year, three whole weeks. What are we going to do with our Wednesday nights? Any suggestions?

I had to stop via tescos on the way back, as we were out of fillings for sandwiches and so forth. See as well as washing, cooking, cleaning and hoovering, I can also do the shopping, ironing and am or at least used to be as I haven't had chance to practise in a while, very good at giving shoulder and neck massages. I may be a Geek but I am multi talented.

anyway, asides from all that it was just one of those days really.

See you all tomorrow. Same geek life, same geek channel.

later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Saxon.

Why dont you use those wednesdays to get your social life back on track. 3 wednesdays, 3 parties. easy.

Start small and with an easy venue (maybe bowling or a comedy night or something) and add more people each week.

Just get a "whats on" guide and find things that you wouldnt normaly go to and go there with a bunch of friends and see what happens.

It will be a laugh if nothing else.

Saxon said...

good suggestion, I'll look into it.