Monday, February 04, 2008

A tale of Boats, manuscripts, hair dye and telescopes

I arrived at church yesterday to notice that Engineseers car was not in the car park, so I was fully expecting a load of comments asking where he was. Fortunately he did then appear, right at the last moment mind you, which saved muggings here from a load of comments from the Sunday school teacher.

Some of the young men and women had managed to get hold of some hair dye and lets just say the results were not hard to miss. When D came into the Sunday school class, I asked him
“ Who gave you lot hair dye to play with?”
His reply was high brow, intelligent and insightful
“ Ummm, well who gave you a portion of shut up”
My quick response
“ No one gave me a portion of anything so I’ll repeat my question”
That left him a bit dumbfounded and SF highly amused.

In Sunday school we’re studying the BoM this year. Which lead to a lot of Fun as our teacher started asking a lot of questions which physics with his rather dry sense of humour couldn’t resist answering in his own unique way.

Teacher: Okay we’re going to talk about the story where Nephi built a boat. So What was Nephi commanded to do?
Physics: to Build a boat?
Teacher: No, I mean yes I know that but what did he do once he was commanded to build a boat.
Physics: He built a boat.
Teacher: No, no. I mean once he had been commanded to build a boat what did he have to do first in order to complete building the boat.
Physics: He had to start building it.

At which point the teacher realised she wasn’t going to get a serious answer and it was going to be one of those lessons.

Priesthood was even more meandering. It was supposed to be priesthood instruction and they thought they would start the lesson by reviewing the quorum goals. At which point they found out the most important part of setting goals. It’s much easier for the quorum to achieve its goals if the majority of the quorum actually knows they have goals their supposed to be achieving to begin with!

I’m still waiting for a new home teaching list. This is starting to get a bit annoying.

I’m half way through that manuscript for work. It’s a so so read. But then again I’m only halfway so I’m trying to reserve judgement on the book as a whole until I get to the end.

In the news today apparently in a move ment to commerate the 40th aniversary of the release of the The Beatles' peace anthem, Nasa will beam the song into space using it's deep space network. Two questions, firstly why? Have they got nothing better to do with their telescopes and second what happens if they get a reply saying the Aliens prefer U2? Just a thought :-)

I was quite pleased to discover when I got home for once I had some post. However it all turned out to be useless junkmail. A offer to get a discount the next time I renew my home insurance which would only be useful if I had home insurance to start with. A offer to get 0% if I switch my credit card to my banks credit card. One problem I only have one credit card and it's with my bank anyway and finally I've apparently been preselected to get 1% cashback on my card if I spend over £250 a month on it. I may not be the worlds best at maths but even I can see that deal may not be the best one!

anyway,

later!

6 comments:

The P*dunc's said...

Thanks for making me feel really popular yesterday. There is a great sense of satisfaction in seeing England pop up on my tracker!

Unknown said...

I hate those leading sunday school questions...get the sense of humor and agree with it.

Mike Ball said...

“Ummm, well who gave you a portion of shut up”

I like that line (unintelligent though it may be). It really made me laugh out loud.

Saxon said...

no problem P*duncs. Glad to help.

Me too Alice, me too.

It is a good like Mike. Even if it wasn't that clever.

Rhonda said...

Thought I would drop in via Connecticut and visit your blog. I am laughing over the whole hair dye exchange. As the mother of 4 daughters, this has always been something they mess with from time to time.

I sure enjoy your writing. May I add you to my blog roll?

Saxon said...

no problem rhonda, please feel free to add me to your blog roll.