Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Shattered

Well if further proof was needed that spring was here, the weather today more then furfilled that role today with rain,sun, bright blue skies and wind. Lots and lots of wind. It was really hard driving home as I could feel the wind hitting the side of the car and I could feel the force of it making the car rock it was that strong. And this is with me inside and I'm not exactly light.

Of course when I got home I found that the wind must have been strong as one of our fence panels in the back garden has come loose. Well when I say come loose, shattered into bits of wood would be more appropriate. We do have a very clingy plant, which I can't for the life of me remember what it is at the moment, which is keeping the pieces in place. As you can imagine grumpy was not impressed. Mind you we've had to replace the panel in that area four or five time now as it's really prone to get damaged by the wind so at least it's not that much of a surprise anymore.

I did really, really well out of the swap shop at work. Of course now I've got to put the things together but I guess that's half the fun. I was thinking of taking pictures and showing the 'army' in progress as I put it together and paint it. Not for any reason of course, just that I've never done it before and appear to have nothing better to do.

It was another one of those days at work, where everythign seemed to go so slowlllyyyyyyy. But it looks like my tankard has arrived. I haven't go it yet and I guess they'll leave it to the next department meeting before they do so.

It was also strange today as the people who have left the department have 'officially left now', so their desks will be staying empty now for good! Our department is and seems so much smaller now then it used to be. Or maybe it's just the new wall giving that impression :-)

Grumpy was out when I got home which gave me a chance to choose what I was having for dinner. Which didn't turn out to be that orginal as I went with chicken and a jacket potato. oh well.

It's the season finale torchwood on Friday, which is sad because it's the last one of this series and great as the last episode ended on a cliff hanger. I just hope the finale doesn't end on a cliff hanger and we have to wait another year for the next series!

But fortuantely that's not the end of trips to the 'Dr who universe' as the man himself, Dr who is back this Saturday. Yaahhhh!!!! At last.

I'll make sure I give my first impressions of the new companion without giving too much away. Wouldn't want to spoil it for Scully now.

anyway,

tune in tomorrow, same geek life, same geek station.

2 comments:

Scully said...

You don't have to worry too much about spoiling it for me. It premieres here on the 18th. Only a bit behind you. So share all your opinions, as I'm very curious to see what you think.

Saxon said...

well I'm just hoping they've toned the new companion down from when she appeared in the 2006 christmas special!