Monday, August 13, 2007

This is why we shouldn't be let out with adult supervision

Well I haven't done a proper post in a while so I figured now was the best time to rectify that. Right where to begin. ( this might be even more rambling then usual so bear with me. please :-)

I have the whole of this week off. Yaaahhh!!!! There are only two bad things about having sometime off. The first is when I go back there is usually a HUGE amount of work to do. The second is I always have a HUGE amount of work to do the day before I go on Holiday as I have to clear as much as work as possible. But as they say c'est la vie. it's the cost of taking time off I guess.

There's a good chance I'm getting two guest bloggers this week (if they send the posts to me) , so stay tuned!

Well it's my birthday in a week. Arrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!! I'll be 26. I've got no idea what I'm going to do for it! but hey on the plus side I guess it will be a surprise.

Non-spilter is back from the USA and is staying around for the foreseeable future.

Engineseer and I did go to see the Simpsons movie last Wednesday. It's a lot better then I was expecting with what some people were saying after seeing it. It is a good movie as long as you don't go expecting a movie, just a 90 minute episode of the simpsons.

The other thing we discovered from going to the simpsons movie is that in future it might be a good idea to have somebody else around to prevent the talk from turning too geeky! or crazy. Don't believe me? Well let me explain. Somehow and I don't remember the exact course of the conversation we got onto dating and again bemoaning the fact that there seems to be lots of nice YSA females in the states that the USA YSA guy guys seem to be failing to notice. I again pointed out that if it wasn't for the "ever so small" obstacle of the atlantic ocean we could sweep in there and dazzle or the american girls with our english accents and general english gentleman like personnas hopefully before they cottoned onto the fact that we were a couple of uber geeks and that they should have run away (well from me at least) .

Engineseers suggestion was that we could always nick a jet. Which after some discussion then somehow turned into us going to nick a fighter jet from the nearest american airforce base, then after even more discussion turned into us stealing two plus a air to air refueling tanker ( to be flown by technik and Black Widow apparently, don't ask me why) which we would then fly across to utah to one of these pool parties, eject from the aircraft and float down landing in the pool. At the very least no other male YSA would ever be able to beat that for a entrance ever! However Engineseer then suggested later then maybe a B1 would be better, although we would have to land it on a highway. My response was that we were just as likely to suceed in taking a B1 as we were trying taking a couple of jets and a tanker!

After jokingly explaining the plan to D.Lid ( brother of mechanicus) at the ward BBQ at the weekend a slightly concerned look did pass over his face and I'm sure that he wondered for a moment if it really was just water we had been putting in our drinks. Of course this probably wasn't helped by Engineseers brillentily dead pan delivery which if I hadn't known better, I would have sworn he was serious. At least I hope he's not serious...............

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't mention the "spiderpig plan as well" if you've seen the trailer for the simpsons film you can't have missed the spiderpig song. Well in the movie there is a choir version of the song. The plan we then came with is to swap the choirs music at YSA conference with the choir version of spiderpig and to see what chaos will result. I would cleverly distract everyone by shouting " Look it's the good year blimp" Engineseer would then run in and swap the music before disappearing in a blur of speed and leaving a homer simpson style laugh lingering in the air " He, he, he, he, he, he, he, he,".

So there you have it, proof that engineseer and I do need adult supervision and that the plans we come up with together makes my individual to find a car that is actually a transformer sound postively sane.

Of course this does raise the postiviely worrying thought of what would happen if myself, Engineseer, Fraggle, Mechanicus, D-Lid and Technik were every together with out adult supervision! of course the fact that three of us are single and the other three are excommunicas marrieditus from the YSA might balance things out. But who knows, who knows,

Mwah, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha (deep megalomanic laugh)

All right thats enough,

later!

2 comments:

Insight said...

I confess that being married might concievably raise one from geekdom, but as it happens "my wife and I" each have our own computer - and remain demi-geeks to this day.

The real trick to win friends and influence people is to be able to switch your geekness on and off at will. It's not as hard as it may seem - and as your skill increases, there will be some social circles frequented by you that will not associate you with geekdom at all (since you keep that facet of your personality at bay whenever you are there). Truly a life skill worth mastering - particularly if you want to "get on". It's simply a case of being approachable to your current audience - but without being untrue to your morals or deeper self.

To clarify, my concern over Engineseer's plan to nick a jet was not caused by believing his yarn (I am familiar with his skillfull delivery of humour)... I just thought there might be a simpler solution. In fact fraggle sums it up beautifully here - http://fraggle.wordpress.com/2007/02/15/happy-clinton-cards-day/

Over and out.
D-Lid.

Saxon said...

The Ysa coming up with a simple plan? never going to happen :-) you'll be suggesting that we do forward planning next, he, he, he.

But you are right, Fraggle does indeed sum it up beautifully