Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Hey, Hey I wanna be a rockstar

Seriously I really want the radio stations to stop playing that song……… It’s getting so annoying. Especially as they have made some ‘cuts’ to it of words that they consider inappropriate before a certain time. So there’s all these moments of silence in the song. It seems that most radio stations consider the words Drugs and Ass inappropriate and remove them but apparently leaving in references to “popping pills from a pez dispenser” and “joining the mile high club” is perfectly acceptable. Oh well, ours is not to reason why…. No wait it is!

Well today has continued the great tradition of my last two Wednesdays and well basically sucked! I’ve had lots of work to do today. Three times the usual number of emails and it’s probably going to keep going at that level for sometime. The first of the ‘letters’ have arrived as well, so I guess things will keep being interesting for a few more days yet.

Its institute tonight, which should be a lot better then last week as we don’t have that same teacher who almost made me flip out! I mean just on a standard day that would have annoyed me but after the day I had had last week after hearing the news about work it came at the worst possible time.

I’m just so feeling so drained right now, the temptation to get ‘leaded drinks from the vending machines is huge (for those who don’t know I use the term unleaded for ‘diet’ or drinks like Diet coke or Diet Pepsi and leaded for the standard full of sugar and caffeine versions), but if I give in, it’s not going to help all of the good work I’ve managed over the past month. So I won’t! : - )

I think I could do with a break (vacation for my American readers) from work or a hug. Either would probably be just as good right now.

Later!

7 comments:

Mike Ball said...

It's the forced gravelly voice that he uses that cuts through me! He must go through a ton of throat sweets!

Anonymous said...

nothing to do with this post but just catching up - nice to see my baby brother considers me a big bossy sister - cheers mate, love you too !! : ) xxx

Saxon said...

He must go through a ton of throat sweets!

something tells me he can probably afford them

Saxon said...

Okay maybe big bossy sister was the wrong term.

Maybe I should have said you were forthright in voicing your opinion as to what you thought I should be doing at any point in time :-)

Unknown said...

Sending a hug from this old mom.

Breaks and vacations are both had in America...are we lazy or what?

You deserve one.

Love the term unleaded. I may have to adopt that one.

The best unleaded soda by far is Caffeine free DP. Do you get that over there?

You will get used to the diet soda. When I lost 25 stones :) recently I got way used to the diet stuff. I couldn't even go back to the real stuff...so sweet!

Unknown said...

Good luck at institue...you have probably already gone.

Saxon said...

I do stick to 'unleaded'. I did try the caffine free 'unleaded' but it just doesn't taste the same and I don't like it.