Thursday, June 04, 2009

Not again, not again........

Step away from the newspaper, don't look at the entertainment news site and certainly stay away from the number 4 on your remote control. Yes it's that time of year again. Big Brother is limping back onto our screens for a 10th time somehow! I really can't believe peopel are still watching it. I think it was sumed up perfectly by a radio show where none of the presenters could remember who won last years series. Nobody cares anymore.

The first call of the day at work was rather odd as when I picked the phone up it turned out to be Bro H! He was trying to get hold of physics as his computer wasn't working and he thought it might have been related to when physics turned Bro H's projector on using a TV Remote. Now quite how physics could have been able to screw up a laptop with a TV remote I have no idea, but then again if there is a way to do this I'm sure physics will find it.

I made sure I did my democratic duty today and made sure I voted on the way home. Rumours of voter apathy if my polling station was any yard stick have been hugely over estimated. The car park was packed and I had to queue to get my ballot paper, then again to cast my vote. We should now the council results tomorrow, the european results on Sunday. The ballot paper for our council was very short, as opposed to the two page one we got for the European elections. I hadn't heard of half of the people on that one!

I also had to help Grumpy out this evening as he got a call from his credit card company who were checking some transactions on his card. Now Grumpy can have trouble hearing people on the phone at the best of times, these weren't the best of times as it wasn't helped by the fact that the operator calling seemed to be intend on hitting all of the stereotypes of call centre operators based in India. As I work in customer service I tend to be a lot more patience with other people in customer service as I know what it can be like to be on the recieving end but even I was starting to loose it when the operator didn't know the difference between transaction and transactions and I had to explain it to him!

anyway,

One more day till the weekend.

Later folks!

No comments: