Saturday, June 27, 2009

All outta sync

Well my first week of my secondment is at a end and it's been a very interesting week. It's very different from my usual job and it's a lot harder then it appears at first glance but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

What is has reminded me of however is the one thing that I used to dislike about shift patterns rather then a Monday to Friday 9 to 5 is that it's very easy to loose track of 'week days' and 'weekends'. When I went to collect my car last night I was surprised to find one of the gates to the car park closed early and I couldn't figure out why they would close it early on a Thursday. It took me a few moments to remember that it was in fact Friday so of course it shuts early!

I'm sure I'll get used to it. Probably just as it finishes but I'm sure I'll do it :-) Of course I will still be getting a 'weekend' as I'll have Sundays and Mondays off apart from the one weekend Engineseer will be in Town and we're going to a airshow.

anyway, that's all for now folks, I'm off to rest my feet, have a nice cold drink and watch the TV.

Later folks!

No comments: