Sunday, June 14, 2009

As much as I don't want to admit it

It has been a rather interesting couple of days. So when to begin hmm? Well excuse me if I use a cliches but I guess at the start would be as good a place as any.

The graduation dance on Friday was well, quiet. At my estimate there was somewhere around 45 peoplethere but that included the band and the leaders! The nottingham stake had put on food for a 150 so as you can imagine there was a lot of it spare by the end of the night. Still the girls from Nottingham stake more then made up for the lack of numbers on the dance floor with the sheer amount of energy they directed into their dancing efforts.

Despite my intital fears that I would be the only one from Leicester attending and thus responsible for cleaning up the rest of the stake centre, I wasn't the only one from Leicester. No KMcR turned up and...... that was it. A grand total of two from Leicester. The only phrase that springs to mind about that total is " not so good"

The band was awesome and I even got up for a dance. Yes you read that right I got up for a dance. Only one mind you but still a improvement on some dances I've been to mainly becuase I'm still sure that I dance the way the increidible hulk walks.

Fortunatly at the end they asked everyone to help clean up so I wasn't stuck there for the hour or so I had been anticipated. Whilst cleaning ( yes insights strike me at the weirdest time I know!) I realised that I more or less know nobody outside of Leicester Stake who hasn't been in our stake in some form or another at some point. I'm not sure how I can solve that, I suppose I could always see if other people could introduce me or failing that I could try going back to LDS Linkup. You know the site where all the cool LDS kids used to hang out before the invention of face book. Where you could become friends with your friends ( wait something doesn't sound right there) and try and meet new friends or even new girls and fail miserably as by the time you try speaking to them they've already been bombarded with messages from LDS males who should never ever be let near a computer let alone out of the house. I'm sure Nemesis will agree.

So after the clean up it was time to head home as it was late! by the time I finally got home and threw myself into bed it was nearly 12.45am!

Not usually a problem for most saturdays but I was going to have to be up in six hours. The main thought in my head at this prospect was

arrggghhhhhhhhh

No comments: