Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ask and ye shall recieve

Well I got some rather exciting news at work today. Or rather I was able to reveal some rather exciting news. Don't worry it will all get clearer in a second.


Right where was I? Oh yes exicting news, yes after asking if there were any training opportunities coming up I have been given a rather interesting one. From about the last week of June all the way up to the start of August I'm going on secondment to another part of the company to get some experience on how a different arm of the company operates and improve my skills set. In fact I will be going into one of the retail stores which just so happens to be the very stpre where I bought my first model many, many years ( and no I don't one to admit how many I'm feeling old) so in a weird kind of way I will be going full circle.


Of course with this secondment only a couple of weeks away it has meant that things have gone all kind of crazy because as well as my regular work to do, I've got to make sure that all of the projects that I would have done in the six weeks that I'll be on secondment which can be done now are done before the end of next week. So it's going to be a busy few days. Not that I mind as I am really looking forward to this secondment as it should be a lot of fun.

Well it's institute tomorrow and after this there will be only one more lesson before we break up before the summer. Although before that we have the trip up to Preston on Saturday before then. I am hoping that the weather will be a bit better then it has been so far this week as we don't want to be walking around Preston with it raining.

The presenter Myleene Klass managed to get herself into a sticky situation in the USA whilst presenting the US version of I'm a celebrity, she sprayed herself with a insect repellent which was so powerful it reacted with the varnish on her bed frame and glued her to the bed. She ended up having to be freed by hotel staff. Now I know you shouldn't laugh but it's one of those stories where you can't help it. It also makes me wonder just how powerful that insect repellent was!

anyway,

Later folks,

No comments: