Sunday, June 14, 2009

Anything can happen in the next two and a half hours

In yet another cliche moment it seemed like I had barely closed my eyes before my alarm roared into life, blaring it's screeching tones to announce it was time to get up and moving.

I proceeded to do my best impression of a zombie for the next five minutes as I blundered around trying to get some sort of co-ordination going which seemed to be proving a almost impossible challenge. I got a look in the mirror at one point and was mildly disturbed at the totally zoned out/zombie look I seemed to be sporting. Of course if this has been something like scrubs I'm sure my reflection would have started talking back to me laughing saying something alone the lines of " Not a student any more are you? Bright spark. Getting six hours sleep then waking up nice and aleart just ain't going to happen no more"

not that I did that that much when I was a student at uni, honest, no sir, not me, he, he,........

Lets move on quickly.

After getting some breakfast in me I started to feel much more aleart and awake, and was totally awake after taking the ice packs out of the freezer as unsurprisingly they were very cold. It was at this point that I noticed Owen hadn't appeared which was unusual to say the least. As I was loading up the car, he appeared at the top of the stairs, looked down once then disappeared back into grumpys room with a look that almost seemed to say " you might be stupid enough to get up at this time on a Saturday but I'm not."

The first order of business was to choose some driving music... Just kidding, the first order of business was to collect my passengers physics and Y. The next order of business was to decide if it was warm enough to warrent the AC yet as that thing does suck petrol.

Once I had my passengers it was time to be off into the great unknown. Well not that unknown as three quarters of the journey was to be on the route I went to uni. Preston was a little further up then that. All went well until we got to the right motorway junction and after some mis commucation between physics and I we went left instead of right and ended up in Preston rather then our intended destination of chorley which lead physics to observe.
" Oh so the Preston temple is in Preston like the London temple is in London"

Of course irony being irony couldn't pass up the option of messing with me as it would later transpire that the place we turned round was almost on top of our first destination of our tour of church history sites!

After a quick 180 we went back the way we had came, and found directions to chorley when the Preston temple is located. However we managed to go the long way round rather then the short way which meant we ended up five minutes late for the meeting time.

No comments: