Thursday, September 03, 2009

Now we fix problem

You know sometimes when you get the line or catchphrase from a advert or TV show stuck in your head and you can't get rid of it? Well that's been happening to me this week as when anybody has any sort of technical problem I just keep thinking of the line from the meerkat advert
" Now we fix problem with new Computermabob!"

It's also been a bit of a strange week as it's only a four day week and with only have a four day week last week with conference in between everything seems a bit 'off' for want of a better term or one I can actually think of right now. The big words no appearing in me brain too gud rite now.

Petrol's gone up again this week, they've just added 2pence to the fuel duty meaning it's like the 3rd rise in nine months and then of course we've got the VAT going back up in December. Anyone who thinks the government will cut fuel duty to compensate is probably sadly deluding themselves.

I had my first meeting with my new counselors for Institute last night as well as seeing how things will run now Insitute's moving to Loughborough. It looks like I'm going to have a interesting challenge on my hands this year. But as the saying goes " If it is to be it's up to me". I can't sit back and moan about things if I'm not willing to step up to the plate, put my shoulder to the wheel, insert generic inspiring cliche here etc, etc.

I was surprised when I returned home this evening to find the road partly blocked by a ice cream van with no driver in sight! I've never seen such horrdendous parking. There was just enough room and I mean just! to squeeze by and get onto the driveway. Fortunatly I was driving my little KA. I would have had no chance driving grumpys!

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: