Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bitz and boxes

Once again I find myself struggling for inspiration as to what to do next modelling/painting wise. I sort of have a plan for one thing I'd like to do but I have to wait until that thing is released. Which means until then I need to find something else to do and thats where I'm stuck.

Even the clean up of the garage we had this afternoon didn't help as dispite spending ages looking through all my bitz boxes I just couldn't find the inspiration I was looking for.

I suppose my lack of success looking for inspiration could be down to two things. First that I've actually made everything I could possibly do or second that as I get older inspiration will be harder to find. Or I suppose it could be a third thing in that I'm just looking too hard for inspiration and missing the obivous.

Well it's Monday tomorrow which means it's once again the start of a new week and all the oppotunities that the week will bring. It also means that it's a week to that special time of year where I get to confirm that 5am on a Sunday morning really does still exist.

Some of you may have seen the pictures I posted a few days ago of a Jedi cat fight. I saw a headline today that made me wonder if the picture wasn't faked as it read "Fears over supercat danger " . If they really were supercats who would be their Nemesis? Danger Dog?

In the latest 'brainwave' from a government think tank and yes I am being sarcastic there, a group has said that motorists should be made legally responsible for all accidents involving cyclists, even if they are not at fault, these advisers have said that they want the civil law to be changed so the most powerful vehicle involved in a crash is automatically liable for compensation or insurance claims. So this change would also include pedestrians automatically assumed to not be at fault when hit by a car.

Now I'm always very careful of cyclists( as I was knocked off my bike once) and pedestrians and I know that some people aren't but this suggested law seems stupid to me. Surely ( and I'm probably being woefully naive here) whoever caused the accident should be held responsible for causing the accident, not the person who is driving the biggest vehicle and certainly not the poor driver who couldn't stop in time where somebody steps out into the road without looking.

What's happened to people taking responsibility for their own actions?

Would this mean if I was going along at 60mph and crashed into a parked lorry he would be held responsible as he had the more powerful vehicle?

Why's this idea come about well this government think tank and other groups say say the reforms would encourage people to get out of cars and make more journeys by bicycle or on foot.

But wait! I thought that's what the car parking levys were for?

Of course once again it seems to have escaped the goverment that some people travel such a great distance that it's not practical for them to cycle or walk! Not to mention that bringing in a idiot law like this will probably make everybodys insurance costs go through the roof!

Of course why stop there, why not have this rule in any fights that break out. Whoever is the biggest and strongest is the one automatically responsible for starting the fight? Only those people who have the fastest cars are the ones automatically responsbile? How about only those with the most knowledge of legal terms being the ones charged for a crime.

I could go on. But I won't. I'll only say that if the government wants to save money maybe they could start but getting rid of all of these think tanks that seem to be anti-car and are only staffed by people who seem to live in cloud cuckoo land.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: