Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Well that was new

Now I was expecting the Car to be iced over this morning, don't get me wrong. With temperatures of -5 forecast overnight I wasn't expecting anything else, however what I was not expecting was the incredibily thick sheet of ice that I found which had complete frozen the locks on the Car door. After some quick thinking and use of De-icer I was able to get the drivers side door open to find that the inside of the windscreen had frozen as well as the outside. Which lead to the surreal moment of me having to use my ice scraper insdie the car rather then outside.

Still backing out of the drive I reflected that the rest of the day couldn't be anywhere as surreal as that!

Work was good, if busy. We also had some new books arrive today which is always interesting if frustrating as the temptation to pick up one of the books and start reading is always very high, especially when it is one you've been waiting for.

Day two of my resolutions and things are still going strong. I've managed two days now without a visit to the vending machines which is good. I now it doesn't sound like a lot but you've got to start somewhere. Hopefully it will get easier as time goes on.

It's apparently going to go down to -11 overnight, so I'm really glad I don't have to go out anywhere this evening.

I've just realised that I didn't metion the top secret cool thing I did just before christmas that was intended as a Christmas present for a couple of people. Basically what it was, was a new version of the book I did for Engineseer leaving present ( so his is still one of a kind) with new layout, some new content and text etc. I know one person liked it and hopefully the other person did as well.

The last of the woolworths stores closed today so it's now gone. Which is a real shame as the high street won't be the same place without it.

anyway,

Later folks!

2 comments:

Sian said...

I loved it. Thank you. What a lovely thing to be able to bring home with me, reminding me of good times and good people. Thanks!

Saxon said...

good I'm glad you liked it