Friday, January 02, 2009

I was wondering where that went

The only problem I seem to face when I start cleaning out is what I call the " I was wondering where that went syndrome". Basically you suddenely find something that you had been looking for and you couldn't find and now that you've found it you want to look at it/ use it/ listen to it etc, etc and you slowly start to forget the fact that your supposed to be cleaning!

I had real trouble with this today when I started cleaning the shelves in my rooms as I started finding no end of bits that threatened to distract me from what I was supposed to be doing. Cleaning!

Still at least I was able to find a lot of odd socks that had been lying around and who knows? Maybe one or two of them might even match up.

There was a couple of interesting bits of entertainment news today. The first and probably most important, well most important to me and scully anyway is that the new Doctor Who is apparently going to be revealed in a special programme broadcast tomorrow night at 5.35pm. There's even rumours that the new Doctor will be a woman! Be sure to tune in tomorrow night where I'm sure I'll give my reaction. If you don't want to know who the 11th Doctor will be then never reading tomorrows post will be a good plan :-)

The second bit of news I noticed was that one of the actresses from Greys anatomy is pregnant but the pregancy won't be written into the script. In which case I'm sure the game of " Hide the pregancy" will begin soon. Watch for whichever character suddenly shoots a lot of scenes sitting down, holding boxes, wearing extra big lab coats, or generally only ever seems to appear in shots from the shoulder up.

Of course with these two pieces of good news there is one. Three little words that should strike fear and terror into the hearts of any sane person who reads them. " Celebrity Big brother" Ahhhhhh!!!! It's started again. Why, why? Do channel 4 hate us all? Have they decided that as they don't get any of the license fee their going to subject us all to weeks of z list (or lower) so called celebreties trying to coax a phoenix out of the shattered remnants of their careers?

I think I'll be watching a lot of DVDs over the next few weeks me thinks.

As part of my plan to get more exercise I actually went with Grumpy when he took Owen out for a walk. The whole time Owen kept looking over his shoulder at me, then at Grumpy as if to say " Why's he here? "

Grumpy also seems to have decided to try and improving his cooking skills as he actually cooked a casserole tonight and despite his claims of not knowing how to it came out remarkably well. He hasn't made any new years resolutions though as he said he's still keeping the resolution he made last January.

To never make any more New years resolutions.

I guess it makes sense to him.

Later folks!

No comments: