Thursday, January 22, 2009

Fantasy vs Reality

Although the news seems to be getting more and more depressing this week it's also showing a potentially worrying trend of certain people in Britain seem to be loosing their grip on reality. Well either that or to put it another way Common sense seems to be rapidly disappearing. For example as I mentioned yesterday members of the coastguard now have to fill in a health and safety form consisting of four or five questions before setting out on a rescue.

Well today bought more rather bizare news. Council bosses are now sending out army heat detector vans down streets to take thermal pictures of homes so they can then use this to see which house owners are wasting energy and use it to 'shock them' into taking action. I mean come on and have they got nothing better to spend our council taxes on like say Roads?

Two girls were also sent home from school for being 'too blonde' and told that they should die there hair brown.

But by far the most baffling news story of the day is a council finance chief who was allowed to keep his job after emigrating to Australia. He used to be on £100,000 a year, but he nows earns £20,000 a year for doing the equivilant of one days work a week for this UK council whilst he lives in Australia. In fact he even appeared at the latest council meeting to give the budget by video link. So he's the finance minister for a UK council whilst living on the otherside of the world and earns 20 grand a year for working one day a week. Apparently he was described as 'very upbeat' in the video link up. Well I think anyone would sound upbeat if they have the deal this guy has!

I would.

Work was good. We had a bit of a move round in the office today which was fun. I now have someone sitting at the desk next to me again, so I'm going to have to get used to having someone sitting there again. I'll also have to remember to look before I push my chair back otherwise I might keep banging into him.

I'm also playing my first game tomorrow of Warhammer historical where I'll be using the roman army I've been building. Well if I loose at least a report of the battle won't go on the official website so everybody can see how much I sucked..... Oh wait...

Oh well. One more day to the weekend.

Later Folks!

No comments: