Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Famous Last words

After all the hype of yesterdays big news story ( I'll give you three guesses what it was but you'll only need one) it seemed to be back to business as usual today with the news, with the depressing: Unemployment up again. The worrying: The Coastguard now have to fill in a risk assessment form before setting out on rescues and the downright bizare; as a female 'mind reader' almost drowned on live TV when she had to guess the four digit code to open a lock to let her out of a tank which was slowly filling with water. As you might have already guessed she failed and a stagehand had to rush in with a pair of boltcutters to get her out.

Work was roughly about the same as yesterday. Still busy but I was able to get a lot of the stuff I needed to done, so I was feeling quite pleased with myself by the end of the day. It was also interested as the guys who make historical wargames had a demostration game on of their latest gaem Trafalger. Which is a naval combat game using ships from ( and I'm sure you won't be surprised to hear this) from around the time of trafalger. It looks interesting but I've got no interest in starting to play yet another new game right now. I'm still trying to finish my Roman army first.

Institute was interesting as ( and this will take far too long to explain otherwise and it may sound morbid but it wasn't) Bro H asked us to think about what we would like the words on our tombstones to say. I went with a quote I heard once " Death is more universal then Life, everybody dies but not everybody lives". Chemistry went with " I want Fresh flowers" , one of the girls went with " Lived, Loved, Died" but I think the best one went to Physics with his choice of " See you soon".

The weather has also taken a turn for the worse again as it's now extremely windy and rainy. I got home just in time from institute!

Only two more days till the weekend.

Later folks!

No comments: