Monday, January 12, 2009

oh does this mean summers starting already?

Well it started to rain this morning and it pretty much hasn't stopped since. A really slow, monotonous gloomy kind of rain.

Just the sort of weather you want on a Monday morning.

Still at least it wasn't cold and it could have been worse. I could have to bike into Work. Although I suppose I shouldn't say that otherwise on what ever sunny/hot days we do get this year I'll probably get stuck in a traffic jam watching the cyclists waltz on by.

Work was busy and long. Still most of the really difficult stuff is out of the way which is good and will hopefully lead to a quieter week. Still I've probably just fated myself by saying that but c'est la vie I guess.

I also saw a story which I'm sure would cause all parents reading it a sigh of relief that it wasn't there child, then a moment of panic as to how much their child has used their phone this month, followed by not so subtle attempts to find out. The story? Well a Father was horrified to recieve a 440 page, (thats right 440 pages) mobile phone bill from his teenage daughters mobile phone provider. In one month she had sent 14,528 text message which worked out to a average of 484 a day or to put it another way one text message every two minutes she was awake. Fortunately for the parents they had signed her up for the unlimited text plan otherwise the bill would have been in thr region of nearly 3000 dollars. Wow, I thought Black Widow texted a lot but he has nothing on this girl. What was she talking about the whole time? and how many of those text messages simply said K or LOL? So parents with teenagers, has the paranoria started yet after reading that :-) he, he, he, he, he....

I came home to find Owen siting in his basket in front of the radiator looking very mournful indeed. Apparently as it was raining really hard here all day Grumpy wasn't able to take him out for a long walk. Which I suppose from Owen's point of view doesn't make a lot of sense. He usually goes in the stream and gets very wet anyway and we're not bothered so why are we bothered if he gets wet from the rain rather then the stream? and I'm sure he's not bothered if we get wet because he would still get his walk.

I'm still thinking about changing the look of the blog as it's been a while since I did it last. I've asked one of my colleagues of work from our design team if he has any suggestions, so stay tuned to see what he may come up.

In the spirit of continuing to steal, errr, borrow ideas ( and if your going to steal, steal from the best) I was inspired by one of Nemesis's recent posts , whose blog looks really cool after her recent layout change.. Right sorry, ever so slight tangent there, to realise a good way to follow one of Drat's suggestions about what to do if I ever find myself struggling for a blog topic in case of a day where nothing but the same old, same old happens.

Okay that rather rambling paragraph was a rather roundabout way of saying that I would like input or suggestions from you dear readers as I know there are some of you out there, google anayltics tells me so, of any topics you would like me to write about, news you would like me to give an opinion on or a question you would like me to answer that I can keep on tap to write about on a quiet day ( and yes I know this is identical to Nemesis's idea, I'm hoping she'll be in a good mood and forgive me for being shameless) Of course I'll only consider nice suggestions only! If your going to leave a nasty suggestion please feel free to move along and never come back!

I've managed to kick my tetris addiction, however I only managed to do that by becoming addicted to another game on Facebook called Mob wars instead ( if your on facebook and on my friends list please feel free to join my mob I need all the people I can get!). The slightly amusing thing is though that it keeps listing what I've been doing in the game on my wall. So anyone who would happen to glance too quickly at my wall without reading the first part of the sentence saying it was a game would no doubt be confused to see that I've just completed a jewellery robbery!

Emperor: Come to the Dark Side young saxon
me: No thanks mate, I'm already on the geek side and that's probably where I'll be staying for a long time to come. Come join us, let the geekness flow through you....

Speaking of which I will remember to take a picture of my latest modelling project and post it just as soon as I remember where I left the batteries for the camera.

D'ohh!

Later folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

one good idea might be to write a "top ten" or "top five" and do one of the ten posts per day, that way it gives you ten posts worth of content. so you could do "my top 5 books and why i like them" and do one book per day, with a link to the amazon page. or "top 10 things NOT to do in church" or "top 10 tricks to teach owen" where you try to teach him one trick a day.... ors something like that. it works really well.

Saxon said...

hmmm. Interesting idea that Drat.