Saturday, January 17, 2009

we know it should be there but it's been a while since we've seen it

Well with the forecast of heavy rain and winds I was excepting it to be not very nice weather wise when I got up this morning and had visions of me getting very wet whilst doing the shopping. What I was not excepted was a completely clear blue sky with a blazing sun! Of course we should have realised that it was really was the 'Calm before the storm' because as soon as it got Dark the rain and the wind started and it hasn't let up all evening. It's been really pouring it down, rain lashing the windows, trees being blown left and right and the wind whistling through the letterbox in a way which is half annoying, half creepy.

Amazingly despite most shops having sales, Icelands seem to have decided to start putting their prices up as they've done away with a lot of their deals and it's now £1 for a loaf of bread. I hope this isn't sign that their in trouble or anything.

I also had a quick look in Zaavi as their still having massive sales ( now 20% off the sale prices) unfortunately most of the stuff I would buy, I don't have. Although on reflection I don't know if that might not be a bad thing.

The next episode of Demons was on tonight and yet again it was 'okay'. I think the trouble is the makes seem to be struggling to decide whether or not it should be on the same level as Doctor Who or if it should be darker, so they seem to be ending up in a middle ground most of the time which is neither one thing or another which is what's causing the show to be merely 'okay'. The character of Mina is still by far the best character, the worst is the character of Ruby the girlfriend of the 'hero'. She was trying to defuse a bomb in this episode ( don't ask) and I found myself half hoping that it would actually go off and that would be the end of her.

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: