Saturday, January 10, 2009

Here, there and everywhere

Ah Saturdays. The morning of rest where you can lie in and get up much later then usual as you don't have to go to work. Or at least that was the plan; which was shattered by Owen charging down the stairs barking his head off and leaping at the door as the post arrived. Whether this is his way of telling us the post has arrived or he thinks that he has to defend us from the postman is a fact unknown to us and Owen isn't telling. Which is a stupid statement really as he's a dog and couldn't tell us, though if he could we could probably make a fortune off him and I'm sure I had a point when I started that sentence.

Yes dear readers in case you haven't guessed it has been on of those saturdays where I've seemed to begoing here, there and everywhere in rapid succession. From the bank right the way through to morrisons I seem to have been having to go to all sorts of places today.

It was also extremely cold as well. Which seemed to make the weathermens confident forecast that the weather would be getting milder this weekend even more stupid. If this is there idea of the weather getting milder I'd hate to see what their idea of the weather getting colder is.

I also had problems this afternoon because as Grumpy had gone out for the afternoon Owen was extremely unsettled and kept rushing to the door what seemed like every two minutes to see if he had come back yet. I also took the decision to try and take him for a walk which possibily wasn't such a great idea as we first ran into a group of dogs that he started growling at, I managed to wrestle him back onto the lead to give time to the other owners to disappear with the dogs. At which point a runner appeared who Owen took exception to and started to bark at her and sit in the path blocking her way, obivously feeling that it was his field and she shouldn't be there and finally when i got him back onto the lead I noticed that his collar was spilting so I had to rush him home before it completely broke. We're going to have to buy him a new one. I think it's his 5th collar since we got him, he just keeps breaking them which is probably down to him always pulling on the lead. So I suppose if we don't want to have to keep buying collars we're going to have to either get him to stop pulling or see if anyone makes a dog's collar out of titanium.

2nd episode of Demons was on tonight. It was okay, I don't think it's as bad as some people like to make out. It's main problem is that it's just 'okay', it's not great but it's not bad either, it's just okay which unfortunatly makes it quite forgettable which is not a good thing for a series on it's 2nd episode. I think it really needs to improve if it is to have a chance. All the potential is there, Iguess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Church tomorrow, so another morning of trying to keep the moral high ground and not challenge the two individuals who have ben making fun of me behind my back. I still don't know what I'm going to do about YSA FHE on monday and whether or not I want to go. I think that will depend on if the students are back as if physics is here I'll feel a bit more confident with at least one person I'm sure I can count on. If he's not there I don't know if I want to sit there all night alone. I just don't know right now and I think that's the main problem. I just don't know what to do now.

Anyway, I guess I'll just have to take things as they come and see what happens.

Later folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, you should try those "choker" collars where the lead shortens as they try to pull, that works really well.

Saxon said...

we're exploring various options. We're thinking of what you suggested, or trying a 'haltie' lead. Failing that we must just try a harness.