Sunday, January 04, 2009

Paranoid Paranoia

The photocopier was once again behaving this morning which still has me convinced that it's waiting to lull me into a false sense of security. Due to recent events I have been spending a lot more time rechecking the bulletin and trying to get it to the bishopric even earlier to give them more chance to read and approve it, however one rather glaring error crept through which didn't become clear to me until mid way through the fast and testimony meeting when I suddenely realised that I had put the date as 2008 rather thne 2009! I resisted the edge to bang my head onto the back of the pew in front of me when I realised was a stupid basic error I had done when I reflected that if that is the worse mistake I make all month I've got nothing to be worried about.

Sunday school was... well it was hard. We've got three new lads have just come up from youth who are full of energy I guess is the best way to describe it. However this was a non issue compared to my main problem which was struggling to keep myself on the high ground try to resist the urge to say something to one of the two YSA who appear to have been using this blog to take the mick out of me. Of course the trouble dwelling on this is that my thoughts started to stray down somewhat paranoid paths. As in wondering if this person hangs with them are they also in on this? Do such and such know as their on facebook too and so on and so on. I know too much thinking like this usually ends in a long term visit to a room with soft padded walls and even softer food but the problem I have now is I'm not totally sure who to trust anymore. I just don't seem to know any of them as well as I thought I did. I think I'm starting to see why many YSA start to find things hard when you reach a certain point and begin to feel very much alone in a crowd.

Of course as I'm trying to maintain the moral high ground and just grin and bear things ( stupid I know) theres not really a lot I can do about it so I guess I should just forget it for another week. The real test will be a week on Monday when YSA FHE starts again and I will have to see them outside of church. Right now I honestly don't know if I want to go.

I'm still having no luck with tracking down the theme music from Earth to the moon in a format that I can download or buy that will be able to play on my Ipod. It's really annoying as the Itune store seems to have every other piece of music the guy has written apart from the one I want!

I did see something incredibily funny in then news. This years 'celebrities' ( and I use the term in inverted commans' in celebrity big brother are so Z list that not even some of the people in the house actually recognise some of their fellow contestants. Yes that sound you hear isn't so much the bottom of the barrel being scraped as it being due right through!

We also had fun trying to put the Christmas decorations up in the loft. The hatch is just the right side for Tap Dance to get through. For Myself and Grumpy a few awkward moves are required. Still all the decorations back up there now ( the house looks boring now :-) We've set ourselves a goal to start tiding the loft out and start laying the boards we've had still in the garage for ages.

Well it's back to work tomorrow. And I'm glad as I think I've had just the right amount of holiday to allow me to get everything constructive I needed to get done, done. Any longer and I would have just started wasting time.

See you tomorrow folks,

Same geek life, Same geek channel.

3 comments:

Scully said...

In the words of Mulder & Scully, trust no one. ; ) I guess you just have to wait and see on this one. But if that doesn't work, my YSA ward here in Bellingham is quite lovely and even has a few Doctor Who fans other than myself. If you feel the need to travel thousands of miles to escape.

Saxon said...

I guess your right there scully. And as much as I would like to come and travel to the USA again I'm kinda stymied by a lack of money right now and I don't think airlines would accept buttons as payment.

Would be cool if they did though :-) Cheap flights for all!

Anonymous said...

There's lots of idiots in the world and sometimes you're the one they pick on.

I guess it's more sad when you know who they are and no can longer think well of them.

But you've survived all the idiots the world has so far, don't let merely knowing names get you down.

And they may redeem themselves, although it may be hard going if they do they idiocy in full view of the whole world including prospective dates, employers, parents etc, not to mention Heavenly Father... be as nice as you can towards them :-)

(Sometimes I'm an idiot)