Sunday, January 25, 2009

Drawing a blank

I've been sitting here for a while trying to write todays post but I've been drawing a big blank. Zip, nada, nothing is coming to mind. However it's not the usual 'drawing a blank' that I have suffered from, as I have done stuff today and there is stuff to write about it but the post just doesn't seem to be formed as I want it to. I've already tried started it three times and just any up with a jumble of words that makes even less sense then my writing usually does :-)

In fact I've written this post in two parts as I wrote the first paragraph then went away before coming back and writing the rest of this post which is why things might seem like a little disjointed.

I was watching poirot during this break which did set my thoughts off on random tangents ( and I may have mentioned this before, so forgive me if I am repeating myself). Why does he keep getting invites to parties or dinners or weekend aways? Where ever he goes people seem to inevitably end up dead. If I were a party organiser I would definately cross him off the list, along with that women from Murder she wrote, Miss Marple, Jonathan Creek or anybody from any of the CSI teams asI would be more interested in everyone surviving the weekend rather then having anyone drop dead. And the other thing that I started to wonder is that if he's the worlds most famous detective why does the murderer usually wait for him to get there before commiting the deed. Why not wait till he was in his car and going off down the driveway? Also why does the murderer always turn up when Poirot calls everybody together at the end? And finally why does no one ever try to kill Poirot off first. Your much more likely to get away with the deed if you kill the world famous detective first.

We took Owen out for a walk this afternoon which is loved as always. Unfortunatly he managed to wreck his frisbee by accidently running over it when he couldn't stop in time, it was a quite impressive stop as when he tried to skid to a halt he hit a boggy patch in the field so there was a huge spray of mud and water everywhere. So we will have to get him a new frisbee and hopefully the next one will last longer. Still, he has his tennis ball so that should keep him happy for the time being and let him run off some energy. Admitally the hope that he will run off some energy is a bit of a forelorn one as he does seem to be the dog equivilant of the energiser bunny but we can hope.

I got a multi-pack of some of those new walkers crisp flavours for Grumpy to try. The pack had three kinds in, Fish and Chips, Crispy Duck and hosin and Cajun squirrel. Grumpy managed to finish one packet fo the fish and chips, he only managed to finish one crisp of the Crispy duck and I think he managed about half a crisp of the Cajun squirel flavour. If a picture is worth a thousand words the looks of disgust that crossed his face when he tried the last two would each be worth an encyclopedia.

Monday tomorrow which means the start of another week full of opportunities. Hopefully I will be able to get as much done as possible as I am taking next week off as Holiday. I'm not going anywhere but I figured now was a good a time for a break as any.

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: