Sunday, January 11, 2009

Slightly Overdressed for the role

Well despite still getting a lie in on Sundays it never seems quite long enough. Mind you even if I was able to sleep in as long as I wanted I probably still wouldn't think it long enough :-)

I took Grumpys car to church, mainly for simplicity as his was blocking mind in and I can't really play musical cars with them by myself in a road as small as ours. I was pleased to see however that for the first time in a few days the temperature gauge was actually in the 'plus' rather then minus. Maybe it is getting milder after all.

Again the photocopier co-operated which considering my usual lack of success with technology is slightly worrying as I'm sure it's setting me up for a fall. Not that it would have mattered that much if it had failed to co-operate as there wasn't any news this week anyway.

The YSA Sunday school class was full to busting. I'm no longer the class president though, not that I was ever officially it to begin with. The others decided by general consensus that they thought someone else should now do it, so now one of the girls is class president instead.

After Church I had to leave quite quickly as I had to go to the pet food store. I know that it was slightly naughty going there on a Sunday but it was kinda emergency as Owen needed a new collar urgently otherwise we wouldn't have been unable to take him out for a walk. We can't let him out in the garden as he runs into the garden ajoining out at the top as there is a gap under the fence. So of course I had to walk into a pet food store in full suit and tie which got a rather strange look from the girl behind the counter because lets face it I was rather overdressed to go shopping for a dog collar!

I also got Owen a frisbee which proved to be a big hit when we took him for a walk as he thought it was great fun. However his main problem was that he runs so fast after it, he kept overshoting it when it landed as he couldn't stop in time which lead to several mildly amusing tumbles/skid turns as he tried to stop and grab it.

We also had a visit from the home teachers which was good timing as the house was tidied today so they came into a totally clean lounge for once :-) In my somewhat lame attempt at a defence of the mess there are only two guys in the house and no female so it's never go to be spotless and yes no one needs to tell me quite how lame that attempt was.

I did manage to get some converting of models done. I will post some pictues of my finished creations as soon as I remember too.

Work tomorrow, so I for see another week of opportunities ahead. Hopefully they will be easy ones rather then hard opportunities but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Later folks!

No comments: