Saturday, January 24, 2009

Maybe I'm missing the point

I was woken up this morning by Owen choosing to announce that the post had arrived in his own unique way. Charging down the stairs barking at the top of lungs and leaping at the door. However in a change to his usual habits he then proceeded to pull the post from the door and charge round the house with it with Grumpy in hot pursuit trying to reclaim it before it recieved too many teeth marks. I do feel sorry for the postman he must get really nervous when trying to deliver the post. Owen probably looks very intermidating seeing him leaping into the air as high as he does.

Loughborough seemed to be fairly quiet this morning. I was rather surprised to see that one of the shopping centres in Loughborough was advertising a valentines event they would be holding where the main selling point was that you could meet a Del boy ( a characters from a UK TV show called Only fools and Horse for anyone who doesn't know) look a like. So they haven't got a celebrity coming to this event but a look alike. Hmmm? I simply went away very confused and wondering how they connected a del boy look alike with Valentines day and if I had missed the point somewhere.

It looks increasingly likely that zaavi is on the way out as they've now increased their offers to 25% off. However despite the increase they don't appear to be getting any new stock in so it's not useful to me as they don't have anything I want.

The episode of Demons tonight was much improved and the main reason for that? Well they focussed on Mina who is by far the best character. However the big 'reveal' of the episode had been revealed weeks ago in press interviews. So anyone who had read these reviews or the novel Dracula was not surprised by the 'revelation' that Mina was a vampire. Ruby is still by far the most annoying character and when she came face to face with the 'evil of the week' another vampire I couldn't help but hope that he was going to make her a meal and not in the sense Xander from Buffy would believe" their going to cook her dinner?" Still the episode was good indication that the show still has plenty of potential. Now if they can only find a way to tap that.

Anyway,

Later Folks!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Your television is so different...sometimes and then so much like outs...I can not follow it either from time to time.

However, all the vampire talk made me think you were starting to folow the likes of Twilight!

Oh that would be horrible! LOL

Have a wonderful Sunday and you really should think about bringing some friends over to visit NYC! I am 1.25 hours, on the train, away.

Saxon said...

It's hard to tell the difference these days to us too as we have so many US imported shows on the TV. On the plus side though as there's a delay getting them from the states it usually means we get to see the whole series in one go and don't have to wait three months for the rest of the episodes to be seen :-)

No I definatly do not follow the twilight series of books. That series seems more of a must read for girls rather then boys.

If I had the money I would come on a Holiday to the US as I've been a couple of times before and would love to go back again.

Unfortunately there's one major stumbling bock to paying for a holiday right now in that I don't have any money to pay for one. A small stumbling block but a major one I'm sure you'll agree :-)