Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Well if you have the money

I saw a story in the news today about the surge in certain businesses in Japan where you can hire 'friends', or someone to pretend to be your mother, father, husband, wife and you can also hire pets as well. So I suppose if a similar service evers starts in UK we could always see if they want to hire Owen. It could work..... Then again it probably wouldn't as he casues enough trouble with people he knows, let alone people he doesn't.

Speaking of which we're starting to think that whoever Owens first owner it was quite likely they were a women as he always seems to behave and listen to commands from Tap Dance much more then he listens to commands from me and Grumpy. Of course it could just be a case of Tap Dance scares him so much he doesn't dare not listen to her.

Work was good, if again rather busy. Still I was able to get most of the stuff out of the way that I needed to today which was good. Plus something rather cool should be arriving tomorrow. The second audiobook we've produced should appear in the office and I'm interested to listen to it as unlike the first audiobook we did, this one has been specifically written to be a audio book it is not an adaption of a previously published work.

We've also had a new book arrive sort of , as it is a book we have previously published but it's being released in a new format with a new cover. It's called Kethani and I know this is going to sound slightly biased but it's really rather good. There are a lot of sci fi books out there that tell stories of when Aliens arrive on Earth. But I don't know of any others which tell it from the point of view of a group of friends who meet in a yorkshire pub!

Channel five have announced that their doing a new series of Minder, a classic series which ended about 15 years ago now. I'm not sure how much of a success it will be but I guess we'll see. It did make me wonder about whether there is a shortage of new ideas as there seems to be a lot of films and TV shows about that are either spin offs, sequels or 're-imaginings'. Not that, that's totally bad. Battlestar Galactica was a reimagining/remake and it's awesome. Actually thinking about it I suppose it's probably not down to a lack of new ideas, more that they don't want to take a risk of something new when they can use an idea that's proven/might already have a fan base.

What do people think? What TV shows would you like to see bought back/reimagined?

I did hear a rumour that quite a shocking event happened in Eastenders on Christmasday. Nobody got married and nobody died! Wait! What? That can't be right :-) Still I suppose that all the death in the square has given the emergency service lots of pracise so their now very fast, apparently their record to arrive from the time someone says I'm calling 999 turning up on screen is 8 seconds. And there was no jump cut or anything.

Still at least that was slightly more believable then Sunset beach which featured the worlds slowest moving tidal wave. It took a week to hite a cruiser line :-) Ahh Sunset beach now that was a fun show.

Well I suppose I'd better leave it there before I go off on a completely uncontrolled ramble.

Later folks!

No comments: