Thursday, January 29, 2009

Now What?

I find myself at some what of a loose end this evening as I was supposed to be going home teaching. Unfortunatly the one person who we did manage to get an appointment with forgot and has gone out home teaching with the Elders. So I now have a free evening when I was expecting one. Not that I'm complaining along the lines of " Oh woe is me I have a free evening" etc, it's more I have a free evening when Iwas expecting it and now have nothing that needs to be done urgently, so I'm a bit stuck. Now I probably haven't explained that very well at all but thats just how things are right now.

I also had a odd morning as I woke up and got up then suddenly realised that I wasn't sure that my alarm had actually gone off although when I woke up I was sure it had been. I looked at my alarm clock and realised it hadn't gone off and I had nearly two more hours before I had to get up. I went back to bed hoping that it wasn't going to be a sign for the day to come.

However despite this the day went quite well. I was able to get a lot cleared and I should hopefully have it all cleared by tomorrow in time to go on Holiday. So i think thats qualifies as a big 'Yah me!"

A school was in the news today as they decided to invite a dance company to put on a performance at the school ( a secondary school by the way) to show a fitness dance (mainly aimed at girls for reasons you will understand in a minute) that pupils could use to keep fit. Now I'm sure you'll agree that this was a very worthy aim indeed. However the teachers must have had a blind spot the size of jupiter not to see the outcry that was going to errupt. Why an outcry? Well the dance that they asked the dance company to come and show was 'fitness' pole dancing. Apparently a packed crowd of 1000 pupils watched the demonstration. Most of them lads I bet! How could the teachers not have seen this outcry coming? Is there a common sense shortage in this country or something?

The head of the company who put the dancing display on said
"I am really angry that bad pole dancing stereotypes are being thrown in my face, I am annoyed to think that many mainstream pop groups seem to promote inappropriate behaviour far more than my pole dancing classes.
'If anything my classes empower women and therefore encourage them to be in control of their bodies.'"
still dispite her trying to sell the dance classes as totally innocent I'm fairly certain we won't be seeing them in schools on a regular basis. Or church activities either :-)
The PC Brigade have also been busy again. A charity has reworked the old nursery rhyme " what shall we do with a drunken sailor" as it contains references to alchol. All such references have now been removed so instead of being drunk the sailor is now grumpy and instead of being sent to the brig till he's sober you now make him do a little jig and make him smile.
I would get annoyed but I'm too depressed over the high likely hood that whoever thought that up was paid a stupid amount of money to do so.
Later folks!

No comments: