Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Watching all, Seeing all

Well teh weather once again decided to change it's mind this morning, so I woke up to thick fog as far as the eye could see which as it was foggy was not that far :-) The Car was also iced up so I had to clear that before I could go anywhere. Of course with my luck the ice was just thick enough so the de icer wasn't doing a thing. So I ended up having to scrap all the windows by hand. It was whilst I was cleaning the windscreen I got the sense that I was being watched. I turned round to see Owen sitting in the Lounge window with a confused look on his face, watching me obivously trying to figure out what the heck I was doing.

Now when I say he was sitting in the window I mean literally as we have a 'bay' window with a very large ledge. Now Owen used to jump up and sit on the back of one of our sofas and look out of the window as he is incredibly nosey ( I'll be honest) however this meant he was starting to get the back fo the sofa very mucky and damage it a bit. After moving the lounge back after Christmas Grumpy decided not to put the sofa back where it was in order to stop Owen from jumping on it's back because if it wasn't by the window he couldn't use it to look out of the window. I'll agree that his logic was sound but both of us forgot how stubborn Owen can be. He now simply jumps up onto the ledge and sits there looking out. This is now worrying Grumpy as he thinks Owen might damage the Window one day if he keeps jumping up. Well I suggested we can either put the sofa back or try and find someway of stopping him jump up. So it looks like a case of deciding which is the lesser of two evils :-)

Getting to Work was slow as the fog was really, really thick on the way in. Although it was far from the worst I had seen it. Fortunatly most of the idiot drivers seemed to have decided to stay home.

Work was good if slow as the office was half empty so it was very quiet and that does start to make time drag. Still the companies half year results were published today and they were very, very good which really helped to give people a energy boost as all our hard work over the first six months of the year really, really paid off.

We also had some new books arrive which is always interesting. They weren't ones I was especially looking out for but I'll still read them as there have been books before that I weren't looking out for which proved to be very good reads indeed. I'll probably remember them either way as my memories pretty good like that. I'd say it's almost photographic as you could probably pick out any book from our imprints and I'll be able to give you a basic plot outline at the very least. Now I say my memories almost photographic as I can remember stuff like that but ask me where I just put my keys or my pen and I'm pretty useless.

It seemed to be a day for horrible driving weather as it was raining when I came out of work, in that really annoying little thin drizzle which leads to lots of water on the road and in the air. Plus there was a really large traffic jam as well which meant it took a hour to get home. Well at least Grumpy had dinner ready as soon as I walked through the door so it wasn't all bad :-)

In the news today ( and don't ask me why this was considered news worthy I have no idea) the Pussycat Dolls are 'returning' to their 'burlesque' roots with the video to their new Song which apparently their hoping will reach number one. I'm sure this decision to return to their roots has nothing to do with the fact that their last single when they were fully clothed ( or at least what passes for fully clothed for them) didn't make it into the top ten where as the songs with videos where their wearing as little as possible seem to do much better. I'm sure theres no connection there whatsoever.

Red Dwarf is also returning for a two part special over the Easter Holidays which should be interesting as it's not being produced by the BBC by a freeview channel called Dave and yes I have got that right we have a digital channel called Dave. However if you don't have freeview your not going to be able to see it but fortunatly we do!

Anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: